Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pfdfirefighter01

Pawling Fire Department Annual Carnival

9 posts in this topic

Pawling Fire Department 86th Annual Carnival

August 7th, 8th, and 9th 6:30pm-10:30pm

Pawling Fire Station 1, South St

Due to hard economic times, there will be no rides this year. Instead there will be live bands each night, as well as a bouncy castle, slide, jousting and a pit stop challenge. There will be wheel games for prizes and great food as always. The parade will be Friday night at 7pm and fireworks on Saturday. There will be a total of $7,000 in prizes handed out as well as 2, $200 gas cards raffled off on Saturday night. We ask all to attend to support us with one of our main fundraisers.

List of bands are:

Thursday- Stolen Heart- country/southern rock music

Friday- Bar Fly (one of our own members)

Saturday- Eclectic Groove- classic rock sounds.

Thanks, The members of the Pawling Volunteer Fire Department

pawlingfire.org

Edited by pfdfirefighter01

Does Pawling have more than one fire station?

I live in town now so will likely be there, possibly for the fireworks, tho my daughter has decided this year that she is going to now be afraid of the loud bangs. :( Maybe I'll leave her home and just bring the wife.

Does Pawling have more than one fire station?

I live in town now so will likely be there, possibly for the fireworks, tho my daughter has decided this year that she is going to now be afraid of the loud bangs. :( Maybe I'll leave her home and just bring the wife.

I thought Pawling had three stations. Station 1 is the one in the Village. I'm pretty sure the other two stations are out near Whaley Lake and up on the east end of town somewhere.

pawling sta 1(main) is off rt 55 near the village, sta 2 is off rt 292 (holmes) about a mile from whaley lake and sta 3(mizzentop) is on top of quaker hill with all the rich people lol

The one in the village is converted to village hall I think. When I walked by there were offices and the satellite for DCS was on the side. Fire whistle is still on time which made me take notice to the building in the first place - not sure if it's still used.

The one in the village is converted to village hall I think. When I walked by there were offices and the satellite for DCS was on the side. Fire whistle is still on time which made me take notice to the building in the first place - not sure if it's still used.

That is the old station in the village, they built a new station on South St at least 10 years ago.

that is the old firehouse on memorial ave. Station 1 is and has been located at south street since the contrstruction of the building in 1984. And as for the fire whistle on the old building (the village hall) is still in use today despite residents attempts to have it turned off.

Just a reminder, come out and help support our carnival Thursday thru Saturday. All money raises helps stays in the department to help support us. thank you to all who come out.