Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

A and B tones for westchester

11 posts in this topic

does anyone know where I can find A and B tones for westchester county? I know they are out there because OCNYFIRE.com has them for orange and I was just wondering if any of you knew where they were. thank you for your time.

I have the Tone List for Westchester County Fire & EMS

but I honestly have to question WHY you would need it?

Are you a member of a particular Westchester FD or EMS agency?

Stuff like that should NOT be floating around to anyone.

I have the Tone List for Westchester County Fire & EMS

but I honestly have to question WHY you would need it?

Are you a member of a particular Westchester FD or EMS agency?

Stuff like that should NOT be floating around to anyone.

I have to differ with you......I think Stephens question is totally legitimate...... With some of the newer Bearcat scanners capable of two-tone decode, many program their scanners with tones of their "favorite departments"..... Your response reminds me of the paranoia that surrounded PL tones years ago...... Now you can go to radioreference.com and get any PL tone you want....Why? Because you can program your scanner with PL tones to filter out what you don't want to hear...... Same goes for the two-tone decode thus the need for a list of pager tones..... Just my opinion.....Bill

And Stephen you may want to check http://www.radioreference.com or Dave Stark's excellent web site - http://www.nf2g.com/scannist/ for what you are looking for.......

Here's the URL for the tones for Westchester from Dave's site - http://www.nf2g.com/scannist/ny_west/westchester_tones.html

It's not very complete and if someone would be nice enough to send him the whole list, I for one would appreciate it.......

Edited by Photounit

Thanks for the info guys I do apprieciate it. The reason I ask is I have a friend who is a fireman in lake mohegan and he does not have computer access in his grandmothers apartment as he is living with her in yonkers when he is working in the city and is busy the rest of the time and he knew I was a member of this site and figured I could ask you guys for the info. thank you for your responses and I could understand the couriousity of the question as I will probably not use the info myself.

Photounit,

Chief, the reason I am concerned about posting or giving out the tones is because

not that long ago someone was going around with a two-way radio setting off the tones

of various fire departments, not only pager tones but firehouse alerting sirens.

It seemed to be a prank but firehouse sirens sounding at 3 AM is just NOT funny.

Yes, you can find just about anything on the internet or scanner books but I do not

like to give out MY information like that to someone I don't know. That's just me.

At one time to obtain information like this you had to know someone or

someone had to know you.

I do however respect your opinion.

I hope you understand where I am coming from.

Stephen,

If your friend wants that information for his scanner or pager you can PM me.

We'll talk. I didn't want to post a whole Westchester County tone list on here.

If he is a member of Mohegan FD I am sure if he contacts one of the Fire Chiefs

or fellow members who are Radio Buffs they will give him that information.

BE SAFE!

If anyone is dumb enough to go around and set sirens off etc. then they WILL likely get caught ...... There are numerous technologies that are becoming common place such as RF fingerprinting where each radio has a unique finger print when it keys up or signal triangulation like what was used to locate the recent boating incident - and numerous others......... Either one of these can be used to find the "problem" so I guess if someone wants to be a "jerk" with a radio, they may want to think about these technologies first....... And if someone is going to do this and they're "smart enough" to program the tones, they'll get them anyway...... I understand what you're saying I just think the good in posting the tones far out ways the bad..................

Photounit,

Chief, the reason I am concerned about posting or giving out the tones is because

not that long ago someone was going around with a two-way radio setting off the tones

of various fire departments, not only pager tones but firehouse alerting sirens.

It seemed to be a prank but firehouse sirens sounding at 3 AM is just NOT funny.

Yes, you can find just about anything on the internet or scanner books but I do not

like to give out MY information like that to someone I don't know. That's just me.

someone had to know you.

Stephen,

BE SAFE!

Photounit,

someone had to know you.

Stephen,

BE SAFE!

Sooooo..............why do YOU have the list? And for that matter, IS IT YOU?! :P

Sooooo..............why do YOU have the list? And for that matter, IS IT YOU?! :P

Talk about stirring the pot! ;)

I dont have the info for Westchester, but I have all the frequencies, PL tones and pager tones for Orange, Rockland and Ulster. You can PM for the info if you need it.

FOIL

Freedom

of

Information

Law

Once it's out from their, it's anyones

Being in agreement with Photounit, In the past I've decoded the Dutchess Frequencies and gave them to Dave NF2G. There are huge benefits to being able to monitor other departments. With Pagers and Radios being able to decode more than two sets of tones, it's great to be able to be alerted to other departments. Especially when you live outside your district you can monitor the homefront. For those that photograph scenes the county coordinators tone is a godsend. For those that know they are second alarm, they can get a head start to group at the firehouse (Saving lives and time). I wish the county would have one tone to alert the entire county for disasters. Hopefully this will come in the future as the county does not have time to tone out the entire county that there is a reported tornado or other disaster threatening departments, eventually they may have one tone to keep us all in the know. As they do now they tone out the county coordinators that there is a weather advisory for Dutchess County, unless we have pagers and scanners on monitor it falls upon deaf ears. As they state further weather bulletins will be broadcast as time permits.

As for those that are out there to prank and cause trouble, the tools are there whether the information is known, or can be obtained, that will not stop them, what needs to be done is education that the penalties far outweigh the prank and to deter them.

Anyone with a computer and tone DSP software can figure out the tones.