Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
medic327

Putnam ALS Contract

50 posts in this topic

Tis that time again does any one have any info. on the ALS contract. Multiple rumors going around that it between Transcare and Hudson Valley Paramedic Service.

I heard Alamo got !

Alamo is not one of the choices to begin with. It was left between Hudson valley paramedic service and transcare

There were 3 RFP's recieved by Putnam County. Empire ( Hudson Valley Paramedics ) Transcare and Alamo. As many of you will remember Alamo had the contract prior to Empire, and lost the contract to Empire when Empire underbid the contract. Then went back to the county and said give us more money by Friday or we are gone. Check your facts princess

Edited by celticmedic643

Not sure if it has to do with anything, but I went past Patterson FD (where Medic 4 & BLS 4 run out of) this afternoon and a new Bus was parked there. It caught my eye because it definitely was not an Empire Rig. I am pretty sure it said Hudson Valley on the side............

Empire is becoming or has become Hudson Valley Paramedics

It appears they are still in the process, since in the past few days, some of their rigs say hudson valley paramedics, some of them still say empire. The crews uniforms are still in the process of being changed too....

Not sure if it has to do with anything, but I went past Patterson FD (where Medic 4 & BLS 4 run out of) this afternoon and a new Bus was parked there. It caught my eye because it definitely was not an Empire Rig. I am pretty sure it said Hudson Valley on the side............

That rig was there because the regular fly car that medic 4 uses had to go in for service. It was just a spare rig that go sent there as far as I know a decision has not been made yet regarding the contract.

The word I heard was that the notice would be out this week. Some one was away on vacation. Yes the rumors are flying. I talked to several of the Medics including myself and several of us would not be going over if it was Transcare

before you sit here and get nasty with me do you work for one of the companies or just someone who listens to rumors? cause i work for one of the companies and i am not going to say which one

What difference does it make if I work for one of the companies ?? And as for rumors they are what they are rumors. Hopefully we will all know who got the ALS contract sometime this week. I was just telling what I heard.

There was a fourth person in the bid process that no one even looked at......hire your own people and have your own county run program!

There was a fourth person in the bid process that no one even looked at......hire your own people and have your own county run program!

That would be a novel idea....

Back when Alamo took over Sloper and inherited the Putnam contract there was alot of talk about the county taking over the system. Many of the Sloper Putnam medics stayed with Alamo in hopes of being in position to land a county job. Over the years everyone has come to the realization that the county will never take over. And little by little most of the medics have left for greener pastures. I think there are only about 3 or 4 of the original Sloper medics working in Putnam County today. Its ashame there were a lot of good medics ( people ) working in Putnam. Dont get me wrong there are still good people working in Putnam today. Its just not like the good ole Sloper days.

Shooter

Edited by celticmedic643

celticmedic, you couldn't have said it better you are 100% right the Sloper days were the days in alot of ways you could argue that it was run the best and was superior ... The medics were top notch I too was privileged to have worked in Putnam and Dutchess during those times . Times have changed over the years and many have moved on like you say. Whatever happens in the next week or 2 it is what it is. As you know in this business you never know.. and never say never.. As far as people saying they wont work for this Company or that company again in this industry don't burn your bridges cause you never know when you need to cross them.... B) and Rumors are again part of this game its inevitable BTW "did you Hear Columbia Pres. Amb out of NYC got the last minute bid in they have CO for this region"... see how easy it is ...lol

Be safe out there

celticmedic, you couldn't have said it better you are 100% right the Sloper days were the days in alot of ways you could argue that it was run the best and was superior ... The medics were top notch I too was privileged to have worked in Putnam and Dutchess during those times . Times have changed over the years and many have moved on like you say. Whatever happens in the next week or 2 it is what it is. As you know in this business you never know.. and never say never.. As far as people saying they wont work for this Company or that company again in this industry don't burn your bridges cause you never know when you need to cross them.... B) and Rumors are again part of this game its inevitable BTW "did you Hear Columbia Pres. Amb out of NYC got the last minute bid in they have CO for this region"... see how easy it is ...lol

Be safe out there

Actually I hear they've narrowed it down to A-1, Abbey or affiliated!

Actually I hear they've narrowed it down to A-1, Abbey or affiliated!

Don't forget AA!

My question is ,what is taking the county sooo long to make an anouncment. Lets say Hudson Valley Paramedics doesnt get the contract. That Leaves the new provider just a little over a month to get things in place for the contract. That is not a lot of time when you have the buy new vehicles, equipment and not to mention hire about 20 EMTs and Medics. In my mind the county sets up the new company for failure right from the start!

My question is ,what is taking the county sooo long to make an anouncment. Lets say Hudson Valley Paramedics doesnt get the contract. That Leaves the new provider just a little over a month to get things in place for the contract. That is not a lot of time when you have the buy new vehicles, equipment and not to mention hire about 20 EMTs and Medics. In my mind the county sets up the new company for failure right from the start!

I certainly hope that whatever provider gets the contract has the necessary resources to start working as required by the contract and add more vehicles/personnel as needed. If a company bid on the contract that doesn't have vehicles or personnel to at least start coverage, it would be a big red flag to me.

Does this contract include the BLS ambulances being "tested" now?

I am hearing from reliable sources that Transcare won the contract. In theory they should have enough equipment/manpower to cover Putnam, but we will have to wait and see if the contract provides for the BLS ambulance service being tested.

I am hearing from reliable sources that Transcare won the contract. In theory they should have enough equipment/manpower to cover Putnam, but we will have to wait and see if the contract provides for the BLS ambulance service being tested.

That is very interesting. What will happen to Hudson Valley Paramedic Service w/o the Putnam contract? Do they have enough bussisness w/o the Putnam contract to survive. Their former managment team left a bad taste in a lot of peoples mouths, including mine. (get your minds out of the gutter people).

If Transcare won wouldn't that pose a conflict of interest for Putnam's EMS coordinator?

If Transcare won wouldn't that pose a conflict of interest for Putnam's EMS coordinator?

No more than when the county executive was affiliated with sloper, but hey its Putnam! Actually I believe that Bob recused himself from the selection process. Not sure how he'll handle it going forward.

Empire just notified their staff officially that transcare has the contract.

Edited by jps385

Any word on if BLS 4 will continue, I am hearing it will be pulled tommorrow evening.. Back to paging out half the county for a call.

We can only hope that this time, the contract wasn't low balled just to get their hands on it. I doubt transcare would do that, but we will have to wait and see. As stated before, Transcare has a good reputation of taking good care of the townships they cover, so hopefully this good standing will continue.

It will be interesting to see what the county legislature does when they get their first bill from Transcare. That is, of course, assuming it has not been low balled.

It will be interesting to see what the county legislature does when they get their first bill from Transcare. That is, of course, assuming it has not been low balled.

Indeed, hopefully they will have an ambulance on stand-by for the following heart attack that goes with that bill....

I heard AMR got it...

BLS 4 has been pulled. Back to Medic 3 and 4 staffed with a paramedic and EMT 6a to 6p Mon thru Fri

Edited by PC415