Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HCFRFF

Department fuel restrictions

5 posts in this topic

Ok my Department has gone to fuel restrictions. Meaning we can not leave the station unless we get a call. The only excepetions are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thoses days we can go out and do training,mapping,surveys. The only time we can go get food is when we are returning from a call.

Most days i bring food to atleast cover me till lunch. Most of the time we will get a call and are able to stop on the way back and pick up dinner. Well today we havent had a call and my LT will not let us leave the station to go get food.

Does your department have restrictions in place? When are you allowed to go out?

Thanks for letting me VENT!

Hungry in SC! :angry:

Ok my Department has gone to fuel restrictions. Meaning we can not leave the station unless we get a call. The only excepetions are Tuesdays and Thursdays. Thoses days we can go out and do training,mapping,surveys. The only time we can go get food is when we are returning from a call.

Most days i bring food to atleast cover me till lunch. Most of the time we will get a call and are able to stop on the way back and pick up dinner. Well today we havent had a call and my LT will not let us leave the station to go get food.

Does your department have restrictions in place? When are you allowed to go out?

No fuel restrictions yet in my dept. just keeping track of fuel, as for my commercial ems agency they are attempting to keep crews at their posted stations. As hard and annoying as is may be it seems, its common sense in saving $$$ at this time.

I hear were you are coming from and please don't take offense to this, but aren't there still delivery boys?

Unfortunately your LT is just enforcing the SOP/SOG given to him by the admin.

Wait, its Friday and that Truck I saw next to Marketplace Commons was violating the law as they watched the fireworks? :-)

We have been under fuel restriction for a couple months now. It has done the following:

Enhanced interpersonal communication within the shift (ie PLANNING AHEAD).

Healthier meals (Most take-out is the worst stuff you can eat).