Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moggie6

Dutchess MCI Freq?

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why Dutchess County 911 does not have a license for the NYS 155.715 MHz MCI freq? This is suppose to be for Interagency/Disaster/MCI/Coordination and I find it odd that DCC 911 does not have this as an option.

Does anyone know why Dutchess County 911 does not have a license for the NYS 155.715 MHz MCI freq? This is suppose to be for Interagency/Disaster/MCI/Coordination and I find it odd that DCC 911 does not have this as an option.

No they plan to use 155.340

What about going to other counties in the state? If I read the DOH policy it does not say anything about 155.340

155.715 is the NYS MCI Channel. It is written into NYS DOH EMS Policy Statements. Individual agencies do not need to have a license for it. If you are an agency that provides EMS, you can use it during an MCI.

No they plan to use 155.340

What i find odd is that they plan to use a VHF frequency for a coordination channel, when Most of the county's PDs use vhf, and Almost, if not all of the FD's use UHF frequencies. That is just counter-productive

What i find odd is that they plan to use a VHF frequency for a coordination channel, when Most of the county's PDs use vhf, and Almost, if not all of the FD's use UHF frequencies. That is just counter-productive

I know this county in some areas is very far ahead when it comes to communications. But I feel from looking at the other counties in the state a lot of them are using the VHF freq. Also, almost everyone has the VHF radio as well for communication with the hospital.

I know this county in some areas is very far ahead when it comes to communications. But I feel from looking at the other counties in the state a lot of them are using the VHF freq. Also, almost everyone has the VHF radio as well for communication with the hospital.

Putnam is one of the counties not as advanced in communications as Dutchess. We do not have the state MCI frequency. We have the basics, 340, 280, 220, and 205.

Some of the answers to going to other counties and such comes down to simple planning. Knowing your neighbors capabilities and having common frequencies is the key and having portables with those frequencies and capabilities isn't a costly item. Also I don't see any real reason why a dispatch center would need the MCI frequency as the incident commander(s) would be the only ones in contact with the dispatch center or the representative assisting with communication and working with the staging officer. When they are dispatched by their respective systems they should be told where to report to in regard to a staging area. Even if they are needed at the scene you should still have a staging area that they can sit until they get their incoming directions from the staging officer, operations or IC. As far as having different disciplines on different frequencies...again not a problem. That is what unified command is for and their IC would have the capability to communicate with his resources, which also spreads the chatter across different frequencies so all can communicate with their needed traffic.

In 2006 Union Vale FD EMS along with other agencies went to Delaware County during the flooding. We all drove to the county EOC in Delhi and then were assigned to different communities to relieve their EMS units. We were stationed in the Village of Sidney along with a Mobile Life unit. Sidney uses the county low band system so we had no way to talk to anyone. They had a county dispatcher, who was in contact with the EOC, in their Command Post at the one Fire Station which was not flooded. We sat by the firehouse and when there was a call someone ran outside to tell us. The Sidney Squad Captain also responded with a low band portable to communicate with the CP. We had brought extra Dutchess County Portables with us and the ML unit had Dutchess County freqs in their radio so we decided to give one to the CP and use a talkaround freq (simplex) to talk. Now when there was a call the CP could call us. We never had communications with the EOC only with the CP in Sidney. We had a number of calls and 2 transports. One to Binghamton and one to Oneonta. When we were out of reach of the portables we had no communications. We were able to contact the hospital in Binghamton on our VHF Hi EMS radio but could not get the hospital in Oneonta because we don't have a DTMF pad on our EMS radio (in Dutchess the 911 center tones the hospital) and the have tone encode on their receive. We came in unannounced with a Pt with facial burns. After the hospital we had now way of telling anyone we were available until we got back to Sidney. On the second day we were there the State brought in some VHF Hi portables which helped somewhat. All this was going on while numerous FD from around the State were also working in Sidney with their own different radios.