Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

Buckout Road

10 posts in this topic

Apperently Buckout road in Harrison is one of the most haunted places in the county. Does anyone have any storires from that road?

Here is a link to a video that someone made on Buckout Road.

The legend goes that there is a house that is occupied solely by albinos. Also there is the Buckhout gravestone, which tradition says you must kiss. To be honest, its really not as scary as it used to be since they put in the subdivisions.

Many years ago (25+) 3-4 car loads of friends went up there after hearing the stories about the Albino's who lived on Buckout Rd. They did not like being harassed and the story goes that if the light was shining on the clam shell with the Virgin Mary in it, then the Albino's were home. The story goes on that if they caught you on their property they would kill you and place an X in white paint on the road. These X's were to tell anyone thinking about going on the Albino's property that they mean business. The story goes that there were 3 X's in white paint on the street.

Well off we go and when we got there the light was on. That night there were 4 white X's on the road. We proceeded past the Albino's house with caution. After going a distance past the house the cars turned around. I was now driving the lead car and went up ahead to the Albino's house. The other cars drove slowly back. I backed my car into the Albino's driveway and 2 of my passengers got out to hide in the bushes and wait for the other cars to scare the $**t out of them. As the other cars approached, 2 gunshots rang out and I noticed the gun flashes in the rear view mirror. The next thing I hear is the bullets winging over my car. Off I go out of the driveway leaving my 2 passengers in my dust, but not for long as the 2 of them caught up to my car and jumped in thru the windows. With all cars setting new land speed records, we got far away never to return.

Everyone that night had a story to tell about the urban legend of Buckout Rd.

The one thing that we could not understand was, all of us that had heard the stories about Buckout Rd, had heard about 3 white X's, not 4. It was about 3 weeks later there was a news article in the local newspaper about a body that was found in the brush on the side of the road. The article went on to say that the M.E. estimated that the person had been dead about 3 weeks.

Edited by LTNRFD

Many years ago (25+) 3-4 car loads of friends went up there after hearing the stories about the Albino's who lived on Buckout Rd. They did not like being harassed and the story goes that if the light was shining on the clam shell with the Virgin Mary in it, then the Albino's were home. The story goes on that if they caught you on their property they would kill you and place an X in white paint on the road. These X's were to tell anyone thinking about going on the Albino's property that they mean business. The story goes that there were 3 X's in white paint on the street.

Well off we go and when we got there the light was on. That night there were 4 white X's on the road. We proceeded past the Albino's house with caution. After going a distance past the house the cars turned around. I was now driving the lead car and went up ahead to the Albino's house. The other cars drove slowly back. I backed my car into the Albino's driveway and 2 of my passengers got out to hide in the bushes and wait for the other cars to scare the $**t out of them. As the other cars approached, 2 gunshots rang out and I noticed the gun flashes in the rear view mirror. The next thing I hear is the bullets winging over my car. Off I go out of the driveway leaving my 2 passengers in my dust, but not for long as the 2 of them caught up to my car and jumped in thru the windows. With all cars setting new land speed records, we got far away never to return.

Everyone that night had a story to tell about the urban legend of Buckout Rd.

The one thing that we could not understand was, all of us that had heard the stories about Buckout Rd, had heard about 3 white X's, not 4. It was about 3 weeks later there was a news article in the local newspaper about a body that was found in the brush on the side of the road. The article went on to say that the M.E. estimated that the person had been dead about 3 weeks.

Check this out! http://www.bedofnailz.com/buckout.html Somewhat interesting. I'm keeping the light on tonight! LOL

Ahhhh Buckout Rd...

I now have chills going up my spine.. My story is nothing like LTNRFD's but it only took the shadow in the windows to freak us out at 2 in the morning..

I'm not exactly sure if I get sold on all this B.S. with the exception that its pretty obvious that there are people out there with myths and legends that I'm sure get tired of having people on their property.

Secondly, I still try to figure out why it is that there are those who care enough to go to such places, with stories of gun/weapon wielding freaks, wizards, nerds, and ghosts, etc....and go armed with bats (and apparantly 1 a halligan). I hear gun fire I return gun fire...get the picture?

I live not far from there. Hall Ave turns into buckout road. I always get a strange vibe everytime I pass by 61 buckout road

Edited by Jared1979

Going to Buckout after getting your license, was like a rite of passage...I remember going there on numerous occasions with my buddies and "unsuspecting" girls, just to scare the hell out of them. One myth that I remember was, if you stopped your car on one of the X's and shut it off, you wouldn't be able to start it again, thus allowing the albino's to come out and get you.....Great thread and alot of memories from along time ago....

Recipe for a trip to Buckout Road...

1 Friday or Saturday night

1/3 dozen bored teenagers

1 mid-to-large sized sedan (can substitute SUV if necessary)

6 12oz servings of American Lager (whatever you can "borrow" from your dad's fridge in the basement or garage)

1 designated driver

2 new steel-belted radials for after you peel outta there!

FYI- Google Maps has the Street View function available for that area...

Oh, also I found a listing for one of the newer houses there...

$2.7 million

Sch Dist: Harrison

Elem School: Purchase

High School: Harrison

Est. Sqft: 7,000

Acreage: 1.66

Est. Taxes: $33,564

Year Built: 1997

Parking: 3 Car Attached

Rooms: 11

Amenities:

Alarm System, Clubhouse, Eat in Kitchen, Fireplace, Lake/Pond/Stream, Sprinkler Sys Lawn

Edited by 242steve