Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stephen morea

roosevelt fd 63-98

4 posts in this topic

what does roosevelt fire dept use (what looks to be an old ambulance) 63-98 for? This vehicle can be seen on cnyfiretrucks.com, on the dutchess county page on the roosevelt page. on top of that are their any other vehicles that they have missing off their website or is that the only one they decided not to put on?Thank you for your time, steve.

I've seen it before, I think it's used for fire police, utility, etc. I thought they had a trailer too, but I could be wrong.

To my knowledge, they still have it, though its been a while since i've seen it. There are a few agencies that have old ambulances that they use for other things. East Fishkill has 3 old ambulances still in service as "Misc. utilitys" apparatus. Two of them are for fire police 39-97 and 39-98, and one is the fire investigation unit, 39-56. The town police also have one of our old ambulances for their PR/major incident unit. They've just been stripped of all medical equipment and packed with job specific items, like cones, flares/signs for fire police, Cameras, measuring tools for fire investigation, etc. VIllage of fishkill has another old ambulance that we gave to them, which is numbered 42-98. I don't recall what they use their for, but I think they just use it as a utility...

Edited by EFFP411