Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFLYNN

1 post in this topic

" When Kentland refused to allow ALS units into there station to protect the community they showed me that they are to busy "playing" and could care less about the safety, health and well being of the citizens they are sworn to protect."

I've been watching this thread and have fought commenting on some of the things said but the above is complete garbage..... The truth of the ambulance situation was they (PG County) wanted to put an ambulance in their house and also have the volunteers staff it as well....... They refused to accept the responsibility as their plate was full running all the calls they ran normally which includes first responder EMS..... What they did do is allow PG county to put a career staffed ALS ambulance in their fire station (which they own). I don't blame them at all for not wanting an ambulance..... It's not ignoring their community, it's reality.......Manning an ambulance is a lot of work.... And in the end the community won..... They now have a 24x7x365 PGC ALS unit to serve them and the members of KFD are glad to have them..........That's the fact's......

I have known of Kentland for years and heard a lot of different stories some good and some bad...... In August I made plans to go down to P.G. County and my first stop was the famed Kentland...... I wanted to find out for myself what Kentlands all about... I only rode with them for ~24hrs but I met and spoke with many of the guy's in the videos such as Chief Kelleher, Deputy Chief Mann, and "Maine Matt" (He's from Maine) and they all seemed like great guys who live,eat, and breathe the fire service.... I was going to post the photo's I took and the links to the video's but I decided not to as I figured the thread would get the response this thread did so why bother...... My suggestion to anybody that wants to be critical of Kentland (or anybody else) is to go down and ride with them...... They would be more than glad to accomidate you..... See for yourself why Pete Lund was a member there (I heard his name at least 10 times while I was there) and draw your own conclusions based on facts and first hand observations.... That's what I did........ Are they perfect? NO...... But neither is ANYBODY ELSE...... Obviously they're doing something right......They're still in business and doing something like 8000 calls a year.....