Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfd2557

Lets Wish Good Luck To Incoming CCVAC Officers

22 posts in this topic

=D> =D> =D> =D> LET'S GIVE BIG HAND'S TO THE INCOMMING OFFICERS OF CORTLANDT AMBULANCE CORP WISH THEM ALL WELL

Now if only Eric could remember he is 8812 now!!!

I'll keep reminding him.....

Good luck To the New Officers at CCVAC

Congrats and Best Wishes to the New Incomming Officers at CCVAC

Care to mention who the new officers are?

I can tell you this for sure. Captain Dory Pappas doesn't need any luck, just to keep doing what she is doing. Excellent EMT and officer with experience and leadership abilities above and beyond what is expected and even seen in volunteer agencies today.

Best wishes to the newly appointed officers!

When are we getting Springvale to make our own triage room? lol.

Captain 8811 - Dorrie Pappas

Lieutenant 8812 - Eric Singer

Lieutenant 8813 - Pete Lyon

Better yet, when are they going to strike a contract with an ambulance company that can actual get an ambulance to them in some reasonable amount of time? Same with the VA. I can understand if there is a dire emergency, but a lot of what they call us for isn't exactly life or death.

Good luck to all =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Better yet, when are they going to strike a contract with an ambulance company that can actual get an ambulance to them in some reasonable amount of time? Same with the VA. I can understand if there is a dire emergency, but a lot of what they call us for isn't exactly life or death.

Are you implying that CCVAC has trouble covering these calls? Because if you are, your information and opinion are wrong. CCVAC is one of the better EMS agencies in the area, and rarely request Mutual Aid. They constantly have to cover their neighbors to the north, and from time to time the ones to the south. For a FULLY volunteer outfit handling more than 1,000 calls in 2004, they should be an example to some others in the area that call on them regularly for Mutual Aid.

Stop being so quick to jump to conclusions. With facilities like Springvale and VA Nursing Home, the volume of calls tends to put a strain on local EMS agencies. There SHOULD be a contract in place with a private transport company (I would bet there is too) for a majority of the calls that come out of these facilities. A call from them to 911 should be a rarity and for only severely ill patients. Unfortunatly it's the norm, not the exception. We get called constantly for patients who have been sick and now the MD wants them to go to the ER. But they can't get a decent ETA from the private ambulance so they call us. How do you feel getting out of bed at 3am to do the job of a company that has a contract but can't meet it's end of the deal?

That's not what WAS was implying at all. He is just voicing wat many of us have been saying for quite some time, many of the calls we are answering there can be handled by a private ambulance company. Even if it takes 30, 45, 60 mins to get there for the routine transports. This past few days with the amount of diversions that becomes even more evident, as with Westledge NH. I had 3 calls at once and 2 ambulances, both had to go elsewhere because HVHC on diversion, sometimes getting that 3rd ambulance is tough, and the 2nd one was on a call that could have sat there waiting for a private to pick the patient up. It was a fever with vomiting in what is supposed to be a long term healthcare facility. The 3rd call that ended up coming in was an ALS call that had to wait for someone to answer. Again we need to step up and discuss what occurred and come up with a plan to make this easier on all of us.

Stop being so quick to jump to conclusions.

It was the way you worded it WAS - I took it in a different context. Glad you clarified that, and I do agree 100%. Sadly, the majority of the commercial services in the area don't hold true to their contracts. I don't believe Springvale has anything in place, but Bethel might. At one point, The VA and the NYS Vets Home had contracts, not sure if they still do.

It was the way you worded it WAS - I took it in a different context. Glad you clarified that, and I do agree 100%. Sadly, the majority of the commercial services in the area don't hold true to their contracts. I don't believe Springvale has anything in place, but Bethel might. At one point, The VA and the NYS Vets Home had contracts, not sure if they still do.

Well, I'm glad we got that straightened out. As for the contracts, I I'd love to see my agency become a little more active up in that particular area, but that won't happen any time soon.

That's too bad WAS - your agency seems to be one of the best (if not the best) in Westchester.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OFFICERS AND THE MEMBER OF THE CORTLANDT COMMUNITY AMBULANCE CORPS =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> GOOD LUCK IN 2005 AND MORE TO COME

That's too bad WAS - your agency seems to be one of the best (if not the best) in Westchester.

Well, i thank you for the compliments. Unfortunatly we have an obligation to our own facilities to meet before we can go branching out and accepting new responsibilities and contracts in areas outside the immediate vicinity of our hospitals. (Holy Run on sentence!)

just remeber diversion is a curtosey not a law

Courtesy....

yes it is. But it is for your patients more.

CONGATS AND GOOD LUCK TO CAPT. D . PAPPS AND ALL OTHER OFFICERS FOR CVAC 2005...BUT LETS NOT FORGETTHE UNOFICIAL 3RD LT. OF CVAC DAN O'BRIEN :-P ...WHY NOT HE HASRUN FOR AN OFFICERS SPOT MULTIPLE TIMES AND I THINK H GOT IT A FEW OFTHEM TO..LOL... ](*,) ](*,) ...CONGRATS TO ALL =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>