Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Yankee medic

NY refresher

4 posts in this topic

Maybe someone can give me a little insight on this? Why doesn't NY use the CME's or IST ( inservice training) as your refresher? (Other than being money hungry) I'M a NREMT-P in SC and we use the ist as our refresher as long as we meet the 48 core hours a yr and 8 hrs I think of other electives.Reason I ask is I'm trying to move back (wife willing) and you have to jump through so many hoops.Who could be spoken to help and try to change this? Any reply would be greatful.

Maybe someone can give me a little insight on this? Why doesn't NY use the CME's or IST ( inservice training) as your refresher? (Other than being money hungry) I'M a NREMT-P in SC and we use the ist as our refresher as long as we meet the 48 core hours a yr and 8 hrs I think of other electives.Reason I ask is I'm trying to move back (wife willing) and you have to jump through so many hoops.Who could be spoken to help and try to change this? Any reply would be greatful.

New york has the CME recert program. I have listed the link for the CME recert off the DOH website. Look through the recert book and the requirements. If I recall correctly, it is very similar to the NREMT cme recert except you have to have a CIC do the core content.

Chris

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/c...n/cmerecert.htm

New york has the CME recert program. I have listed the link for the CME recert off the DOH website. Look through the recert book and the requirements. If I recall correctly, it is very similar to the NREMT cme recert except you have to have a CIC do the core content.

Chris

http://www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/ems/c...n/cmerecert.htm

Thank you for reply. Getting resprocity is a pain the but. Due to not having a test or practical in 3 yrs. That would mean to take ny refresher @ $700 and traveling to ny once a week. I'm not fond of the registry, (money making rip-off) but I can't take the NR test because I'm already registered and ny wouldn't use that as refresher. Maybe I'll go to Alamo and ask to get a possible sponsorship so I wouldn't have to pay the $. and pay them back in time when I get my card.

Take a challenge refresher. You come in, take a written and practical test. Based off your performance on the written determines which modules you have to attend. Sometimes they can be take home study tests. Sometimes they are classroom. EVERYONE has to take the CPR module. Then at the end you take the State Written and you're done.

Have you ever held a NYS card before? That makes it easier, as NYS no longer has the rule where if you are lapsed for more than a certain time you have to take the whole class over, you just need a refresher. I'm not sure if there are any rapid refresher classes around, but they can be done in a matter of a long weekend. They seem more frequent upstate.