Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest WRVFD9000

Wilton Volunteer Ambulance Corps Dispatch?

9 posts in this topic

I was wondering where is the Wilton Volunteer Ambulance Corp dispatched from I assumed that they were dispatched by the police along with the Wilton Fire Department. I then saw that there frequency is liscensed to the Southwestern C-MED and the transmitter is located on the roof of Norwalk Hospital. Does the dispatch have a link to the transmitter site at Norwalk Hospital or are they dispatched by Southwest C-MED in Bridgeport. With the transmitter being located at Norwalk Hospital I assume that coverage for the WVAC would be kind of spotty around town. Any input would be appreciated.

Wilton EMS uses SouthWest C-MED MED 6 for dispatch / coordination channel. I beleive this was done since there is a combined ALS intercept service for Wilton and Weston. The FCC licence is owned by Southwest C-CMED who controls and assigns what channels are used by the regional ambulances, kinda like a sudo-county system. At the time the license was issued, SouthWest was located at Norwalk Hospital. As of about 2000 the dispatch facility (if I rememeber correctly) is located at Bridgeport Hospital now.

As for dispatching I beleive Wilton PD still dispatches Wilton EMS and the medic.

I have some connections still at SouthWest C-MED and I'll try to get better information for you.

Wilton EMS uses SouthWest C-MED MED 6 for dispatch / coordination channel. I beleive this was done since there is a combined ALS intercept service for Wilton and Weston. The FCC licence is owned by Southwest C-CMED who controls and assigns what channels are used by the regional ambulances, kinda like a sudo-county system. At the time the license was issued, SouthWest was located at Norwalk Hospital. As of about 2000 the dispatch facility (if I rememeber correctly) is located at Bridgeport Hospital now.

As for dispatching I beleive Wilton PD still dispatches Wilton EMS and the medic.

I have some connections still at SouthWest C-MED and I'll try to get better information for you.

Thank you for your response. That would be great if you could find out some more information.

What frequency's do you use?

The Wilton Volunteer Ambulance Corps uses the following frequencies:

453.12500 MHz and 458.1250 Mhz which I think is the input frequency

Wilton operates on Med 10 or Med 12 when communicating with cmed. Med 6 is actually a patching channel for the Stamford area. The Wilton Weston medic is dispatched by either town as needed. Units can communicate on their town channel or the cmed channels if needed.

Just a question... Is Wilton EMS all volunteer or do they have paid staff during the day?

Just a question... Is Wilton EMS all volunteer or do they have paid staff during the day?

I think they have paid staff during the day and then maybe volunteers at night or on the weekend. I know they are staffed 24 hours. They have two ambulances 511 and 512. So when Wilton Dispatches the WVAC they have a link to the Norwalk Hospital Transmitter site? I didnt see anywhere that the 453.125 MHz has an antenna at the Wilton PD Headquarters.

A few weeks ago I heard some chatter on my portable about a unit going to a nursing home out in that area. Thats why I asked. Thanks for the info.