Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Ambulance Service Inquiry - Hudson Valley Paramedics?

9 posts in this topic

Me and my wife were in an area, (will not say where, don't want anyone to get introuble). Anyways, we saw Hudson Valley Ambulance or Paramedic. (I was corrected by my wife). We were woundering where they are from? And I know the Hudson Valley. But what do they cover? Are they like an Alamo, TransCare, or NDP??? Well Thanks in advance.

Thomas and Savannah

Edited by TAPSJ

Hudson Valley Paramedics (HVP) is the new name for Empire

They are covering Nurising home and some hospital transports they were just pulled out of Puntam and I believe they still have Kingston 911. From what I am hearing they are trying to merge with Regional EMS. They are normally in westchester,puntam,dutchess,rocklandcounty nursing home and hospitals contracts and some in Kingston area from what i do remember.

They are covering Nurising home and some hospital transports they were just pulled out of Puntam and I believe they still have Kingston 911. From what I am hearing they are trying to merge with Regional EMS. They are normally in westchester,puntam,dutchess,rocklandcounty nursing home and hospitals contracts and some in Kingston area from what i do remember.

I don't think they have many contracts left in the Kingston area, Mobile Life has seem to have taken over the areas that use to be covered by Empire.

I don't think they have many contracts left in the Kingston area, Mobile Life has seem to have taken over the areas that use to be covered by Empire.

Yeah it has been almost 2 years since I have worked for Empire/ HVP and they were just starting to move into kingston because I remember going up there for 24 out of my 36 hr shift back to back and sleeping all day so I am not really sure what has changed for the past several months I was only dealing with the Medic in PC.

Hudson Valley Paramedics aka Empire Ambulance

was discussed here:

http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php?showtopic=27801&st=0

It's my understanding that Regional EMS went back to the old name

Rockland Mobile Care and Hudson Valley Paramedics aka Empire Ambulance

now has Regional EMS contracts in Orange County.

I don't believe they have any 911 contracts left in the Kingston area. I believe they are still the backup for Ellenville Rescue if they don't have a medic available to respond. They are also on county rotation with West Hurley, I believe... meaning they cover every other month's ALS requests for that FD. There might be a couple small places out there also on rotation, but most of the area is covered by Mobile Life for ALS.

I guess HVP has also been doing quite a few standbys at HS football games with BLS units. The odd thing is that they are calling the primary EMS agency for the area should someone actually need an ambulance instead of transporting and backfilling. It seems to defeat the purpose of having the ambulance there.

I guess HVP has also been doing quite a few standbys at HS football games with BLS units. The odd thing is that they are calling the primary EMS agency for the area should someone actually need an ambulance instead of transporting and backfilling. It seems to defeat the purpose of having the ambulance there.

Unless it's a life threatening emergency or no transport unit is available, that is what we do also. I guess the reasoning being that they game has to pause until a new ambulance can arrive.

I don't believe they have any 911 contracts left in the Kingston area. I believe they are still the backup for Ellenville Rescue if they don't have a medic available to respond. They are also on county rotation with West Hurley, I believe... meaning they cover every other month's ALS requests for that FD. There might be a couple small places out there also on rotation, but most of the area is covered by Mobile Life for ALS.

Unless it's a life threatening emergency or no transport unit is available, that is what we do also. I guess the reasoning being that they game has to pause until a new ambulance can arrive.

Yea, HVP AKA Empire does the same thing with the Stormville Flea Market, they have 2 BLS units on stand-by, but refuse to transport from that location, "because we would have to backfill" was the excuse I got when they were asked about it. The organizer of the flea market hired them to treat AND TRANSPORT, but i guess they forgot that part.... but thats a story for another day. HVP does transports out of The Kingston Hospital, unless the staff decides to call Mobile Life instead. They did have the backup ALS for ellenville, but i'm pretty sure I heard Mobile Life go mutual aid to ellenville the other day.

And it's always fun to call out with county "Mobile Life medic 2**, en-route to XYZ hospital medic aboard Hudson Valley Paramedics 12*" when they call for an ALS intercept... :P