Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skindependent

DCFD White Tiller and Ambulances

15 posts in this topic

So Ive been in DC for about 4 years and have gotten the chance to see a whole bunch of their apparatus, but I saw one the other day

that confused me. Most(because I havent seen all of them) of the DCFD fire apparatus are red, with the company name on the side of the

crew cab doors, and the DCFD logo on the driver/officer doors. One time though, I saw a white (!) DCFD tiller ladder. Its only other

markings I noticed were the DC "Stars and Bars" on the crew cab doors. Anyone know if this truck is special for some reason? Also, most

of the ambulances are red, with double digit numbers on them for their companies. I have seen quite a few with RA-(XXX) on them, always

with a triple digit number. Whats the deal with these that makes them special?

It was most likely a spare apparatus. A few years ago they had all white rigs.

CP

Did it have this kind of paint scheme ?

post-6811-1223586664.jpg

Edited by texastom791

hey thanks guys, it looked just like the old truck 9 or truck 14. mustve taken it out for a spin or something because they have the new ones and i saw the old one pretty recently. you guys are a wealth of information. any ideas on the red Medic-(XX) vs. the white RA-(XXX) ambulances?

Too bad you didn't see a spare DC pumper with the old "phone booth" style rider's cabs. Now those were classic DC rigs!

The 2-door Ford "C" cabs with that box slapped on the back? I remember them!

Too bad you didn't see a spare DC pumper with the old "phone booth" style rider's cabs. Now those were classic DC rigs!

You mean like these trucks?

post-6811-1223734103.jpg

ideas on the red Medic-(XX) vs. the white RA-(XXX) ambulances?

you mean these two rigs?

post-6811-1223734511.jpg

post-6811-1223734539.jpg

post-6811-1223734087.jpg

Edited by texastom791

Exactly Tom. good find.

Yeah I was on Dfcd's website the other day looking at there trucks because my mom was going to washington and it just so happened that I spotted these trucks so when you said that I knew what you were talking about .

You mean like these trucks?

post-6811-1223734103.jpg

you mean these two rigs?

post-6811-1223734511.jpg

post-6811-1223734539.jpg

The top ambulance is the red one I'm talking about, the other one is white with blue and red stripes, an ekg and this funny thing coming out of the top of the cab. this is the best picture i can find

post-16208-1223942931.jpg

The all red one that I posted a pic of is a mass Casualty unit like it says on the side that's the only red ambulance I could find on there website, the other one the red and white one is a medic . Where did you see the one that you posted was it in the washington or in a suburb just curious ?

Edited by texastom791

The all red one that I posted a pic of is a mass Casualty unit like it says on the side that's the only red ambulance I could find on there website, the other one the red and white one is a medic . Where did you see the one that you posted was it in the washington or in a suburb just curious ?

well, this is the first time im seeing the MCI rig, and i can see how it gets mistaken for an ambulance. I see the red/white bus and the all white bus all around DC. The only notciable features that ive come across are the difference in unit # Medic (double digit) vs. RA-(triple digit) and ive also never seen the white ones in quarters before. all the firehouses i pass have the red/white units.

well, this is the first time im seeing the MCI rig, and i can see how it gets mistaken for an ambulance. I see the red/white bus and the all white bus all around DC. The only notciable features that ive come across are the difference in unit # Medic (double digit) vs. RA-(triple digit) and ive also never seen the white ones in quarters before. all the firehouses i pass have the red/white units.

Oh okay well sorry I couldn't help you out the only all red one I could find was them MCI one and th only red and white one I could find was the medic good luck on your search.

That funny thing is an air conditioner.

And maybe the White with Red and Blue stripes is a new paint scheme?