Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RWC130

Sweet 16 Party for Cop's Daughter morphs into Riot in Tarrytown

2 posts in this topic

Sweet 16 party for cop's daughter morphs into riot in Tarrytown

By Shawn Cohen

The Journal News • October 14, 2008

TARRYTOWN - A Mount Vernon police officer who was hosting a Sweet 16 party for his daughter had to call the cops himself Friday night after the celebration erupted in fistfights and gunshots.

Tarrytown police said as many as 200 young people fought in the streets, with four bullets shattering the windows of a parked car, after partygoers left the Knights of Columbus on Washington Street. Police from six agencies later broke things up in a McDonald's parking lot a few blocks away.

A Peekskill teen and 21-year-old Ossining man were charged with disorderly conduct, but police have yet to arrest the shooter or any other person who may have been involved in the clashes.

http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008810140370

This is truly sad when a father can't even give his daughter the sweet sixteen party that every teenager deserves. What is this world coming to!! Do people really have that much disrespect for each other that the poor girl couldn't even enjoy her birthday. It's sad that people believe that carrying guns and shooting each other is really the way to resolve a conflict. The world would be alot better off if the people that invented guns or knifes would not have. All it did was give people a reason to Start something and then kill each other off or instead of rationally resoving the problem they seem to result in severly hurting each other with violence. I ask again WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO... I'M SUPPOSED TO BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN WHEN AMERICA HAS ONE OF THE HIGHEST VIOLENCE AND CRIME RATES THERE ARE... NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN MY COUNTRY IN ALL THE 21 YEARS OF MY LIFE. I KNOW I AM STILL YOUNG BUT I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT I AM REALIZING EARLY THE TRUTH ABOUT THE WORLD WE LIVE IN. I ALSO BELIEVE THAT THE VIOLENCE BETWEEN RACES AND RELIGIONS NOT TO MENTION ETHNICITY WAS BELIEVE IT OR NOT ALOT LESS BEFORE WE WENT TO WAR WITH IRAQ. HAD WE NOT GONE TO WAR WITH IRAQ AND JUST PUNISHED THE PEOPLE THAT WE SUPPOSEDLY KNEW CAUSED OUR BLOVED WORLD TRADE CENTERS TO FALL AND STARTED THE KAOS THAT WE HAVE KNOWN FOR THE LAST SEVEN YEARS THEN WE WOULD PROBABLY BE ALOT BETTER OFF BUT WE ARE STILL UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE GORVERNMENT AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES ( WHO FOR SOME REASON...WHICH I HEAR IS BEING BLAMED ON HIM BEING A TEXAN) BECAME PRONE TO VIOLENCE HIMSELF. YES WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR COUNTRY, BUT I ASK WHY PROTECT IT WITH VIOLENCE. NOT TO MENTION WE WOULD NOT HAVE LOST SO MANY OF OUR BELOVED MILITARY MEMBERS. EVERYONE WANTS SOME TYPE OF WORLD PEACE BUT VIOLENCE AND CRIME ARE NOT THE WAYS TO ACHIVE THAT GOAL.

THANKS TO ANYONE THAT READ MY RANTING...SORRY IF I BORED YOU!

Edited by xfirefighter484x