Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PublicSafetyCollectibles

Rye FD Ladders Circa 1983

5 posts in this topic

This Photo Dated September 1983 Shows Rye Fire Department's Tractor-Drawn Aerials Posed Together. Today, The Rye Fire Department Runs Two (2) Seagrave 100' Rear-Mount Aerials.

post-409-1224302966.jpg

I have a picture, which I enlarged and presented to the LT. of the Ladder company before their Wet-down that shows the two ladders (if the one in the rear is the wooden aerial) with their sticks up and a flag hanging between, I will try to get it onto the computer next time I'm home

The Seagrave is ladder 25 and the Maxim is ladder 26 prior to getting its Spartan tractor.

Edited by rfdu39

I have a picture, which I enlarged and presented to the LT. of the Ladder company before their Wet-down that shows the two ladders (if the one in the rear is the wooden aerial) with their sticks up and a flag hanging between, I will try to get it onto the computer next time I'm home

The photo you gave us was from the 1986 100th Anniversary parade and showed the 1929 Seagrave (not pictured above) and the 1955 Maxim after the 1985 Spartan tractor refurb. Thanks again!

Ahh, ok...couldn't tell...thanks bro