Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mediconpatrol

Hudson Valley Ambulance License Suspended?

33 posts in this topic

We recieved a notice at the hospital that Hudson Valley Ambulance (empire) had their ALS suspended.....

anyone have any infomation????

not surprising if its true. they lost their narcotics license at one point as well (shortly before the Putnam contract if i recall).

that is correct...for something like 6 weeks...or so...

Hudson Valley PARAMEDICS...... with no MEDICS? You can't make this stuff up!!

I know it was awhile ago but I thought Hudson Valley Ambulance was CMTI? Did they sell the license before they went out of business?

And they want to do a hostile take over of a local VAC.

I wonder if it had anything to do with 2 calls last Friday night into Saturday, where they sent a BLS bus to Greenhaven for a "possible stroke" apparently the staff at SFH had issues when they realized the blood sugar was 24, the patient did not have a line and came in BLS not ALS.....then later that same shift another call from Greenhaven for chest pain and again a BLS unit responded asked for an intercept from another agency gave route of travel as 216 and Beekman Rd ( problem is they run parallel and do not cross) after much back and forth between the requested ALS intercept and County it was determined that they had not yet left the facility..........maybe they should call themselves Hudson Valley EMS and not Paramedics.........

I was wondering that myself. Hudson Valley Regional EMS would sound and look better and be more accurate.

I know about a year and a half ago they almost lost their ALS. I was there when one of the supervisors was on the phone with DOH. They are apparently either still or again under DOL investigation as well.

Well, It doesn't surprise me the the DOL is looking at them too, I overheard one of their employees complaining that the payroll was late for the second time in a row...

While some services may have problems with their companies and/or policies I do not think it's right that any one agency is bashed here on this forum, and unfortunately that's where I see this topic going.

I know it was awhile ago but I thought Hudson Valley Ambulance was CMTI? Did they sell the license before they went out of business?

Hudson Valley ambulance became CMT (Community Medical Transport) when it was purchased by Laidlaw Transportation corp. It later had a number of financial issues and went out of business. Hudson Valley Paramedics has nothing to do with this company. I believe that this company is the old Empire Ambulance.

Hudson Valley ambulance became CMT (Community Medical Transport) when it was purchased by Laidlaw Transportation corp. It later had a number of financial issues and went out of business. Hudson Valley Paramedics has nothing to do with this company. I believe that this company is the old Empire Ambulance.

You are correct. Hudson valley "Paramedics", is the new name for the former Empire State Ambulance.

I would like to clarify the rumor that Hudson Valley Paramedics has lost their ALS license. They have not lost their ALS license, they agreed with Weschester REMAC to suspend their credentials in the 911 emergency system so that they can credential all paramedics to maintain westchester standards. This is only in effect for the next 2 weeks and Hudson Valley Paramedics will perform all other fuctions as normal. It would be nice if instead of people bashing and spreading unverfied information that they just go to the source.

On a side note they are not involved with any hostile takeover of any kind and hold themselves to a better standard of work ethics and community commitment. From the people I know this company is indeed attempting to successful and not image from the past.

Its nice of everyone to open their big mouths without actually getting all the facts.. Thanks for putting out the real information.

For what it is worth...I was trying to get some clarification about a notice received at the hospital. I wanted to ensure that when an emergency transport is required I call the right agency..I was not bashing or trying to start any trouble....

For what it is worth...I was trying to get some clarification about a notice received at the hospital. I wanted to ensure that when an emergency transport is required I call the right agency..I was not bashing or trying to start any trouble....

No foul on your part. You were just asking a question.

I would like to clarify the rumor that Hudson Valley Paramedics has lost their ALS license. They have not lost their ALS license, they agreed with Weschester REMAC to suspend their credentials in the 911 emergency system so that they can credential all paramedics to maintain westchester standards. This is only in effect for the next 2 weeks and Hudson Valley Paramedics will perform all other fuctions as normal. It would be nice if instead of people bashing and spreading unverfied information that they just go to the source.

On a side note they are not involved with any hostile takeover of any kind and hold themselves to a better standard of work ethics and community commitment. From the people I know this company is indeed attempting to successful and not image from the past.

So while they have suspended thier credentials, they still accept ALS transports. Only to call on the local Community ALS provider to Intercept thier BLS unit. This takes away from the public. Lets hope it only lasts the so called 2 weeks!

CMT actually stands for Cooperstown Medical Transport.

CMT actually stands for Cooperstown Medical Transport.

The original Hudson Valley Ambulance was purchased by CMTI (not CMT), and went out of business still owned by CMTI, who had also acquired A-1 Ambulance as well. No relationship to Cooperstown Medical Transport, k?

Exactly what I was trying to get at

Also for some old info. Laidlaw / Med Tran walked away from a possible buy up of Hudson Valley Ambulance. That is when CMTI actualy picked up the company. Laidlaw never owed the company. I as well as many others here where working for the company at the time. Also just for info and I maybe wrong, but as I am reading the West and Hudson Val Prots. Both state that they will not be responsible for providing MC for inter-facilty transfers. This would only be regarding transports, I think.

Folks give Mike W and Rizzo a chance, they are really working on the company.

I am looking foward to be back to work soon. My rehab for my TKR is going well and I am off the cane.

So is is right to say all their medics have to have both the HV Mac and Westchester REMAC to practice? Or can they just have one or the other.

When I worked there under Empire, they wanted all medics to have both Hudson Valley and Westchester Macs. I know there were some who also had NYC Mac.

So is is right to say all their medics have to have both the HV Mac and Westchester REMAC to practice? Or can they just have one or the other.

That would be more of an operational issue for HVP. If they wanted to segregate their system, they could have medics that are MACced in one region or the other. However, since most services operate with the understanding that your reporting station is only where you park your car, I would think they would want all their medics having both certifications so they can manage their system without limitations that Unit 1 can't do Westchester calls and Unit 2 can't do Putnam calls.

Also for some old info. Laidlaw / Med Tran walked away from a possible buy up of Hudson Valley Ambulance. That is when CMTI actualy picked up the company. Laidlaw never owed the company. I as well as many others here where working for the company at the time. Also just for info and I maybe wrong, but as I am reading the West and Hudson Val Prots. Both state that they will not be responsible for providing MC for inter-facilty transfers. This would only be regarding transports, I think.

Folks give Mike W and Rizzo a chance, they are really working on the company.

I am looking foward to be back to work soon. My rehab for my TKR is going well and I am off the cane.

First of all, good luck with your rehab.

You are correct in reading that at least the HVREMAC has no protocol for interfacility transfers. I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there would be an enormous number of procedures and medications that would need to be added to the protocols and for 911 only medics, it would be a lot of extra requirements for nothing. When I do an interfacility transfer with a drug that I'm not familiar, I'm not shy about asking for a drug reference for the drug and any further information I need. I'd rather take 10 minutes longer getting out of the hospital than put my patient at risk.

The problem with doing an interfacility job without MAC credential in the region of either origination or destination is what happens when that transfer becomes an emergency. Our signed transfer form allows us to enact any of the HVREMAC protocols if needed, along with any specific instructions ordered by the transferring doctor. When this transport goes bad, you need to work under a doctor somewhere, and I think that would mean you should have MAC credential in either the original or destination region.

I am here to let you know that Hudson Valley Paramedic Services DID NOT lose the paramedic liscense they are in fact running medics on shifts. I also will tell you we were never CMTI. Give the company credit this has place has changed for the better from when it was empire state ambulance. Especially with Mike and Bob R in charge. Remember we are all NYS Emt and medics we do the same job no matter where we work or volunteer

EMTPRINCESS, Relax we are talking about HVA Hudson Valley Ambulance. That was along time ago. Which a few of us worked for including Mike. I think some one thought it was the same, but that was corrected.

NWFDMEDIC, Thanks I need it. It has been along road but every day is a little better. My problem is the other company I work for that I got hurt at has not taken care of me. That is a real shame. But I am getting better. Maybe three more weeks I can return to work. Alamo has only given me 12 week to return or I am terminated. This is for a on the job injury that needed a total knee replacement. Hmmmm

i am new to putnum from lower westchester it sounds like we have no als in the county unless one of the local vac s get out is this true

Edited by spike2231

I wonder if it had anything to do with 2 calls last Friday night into Saturday, where they sent a BLS bus to Greenhaven for a "possible stroke" apparently the staff at SFH had issues when they realized the blood sugar was 24, the patient did not have a line and came in BLS not ALS.....then later that same shift another call from Greenhaven for chest pain and again a BLS unit responded asked for an intercept from another agency gave route of travel as 216 and Beekman Rd ( problem is they run parallel and do not cross) after much back and forth between the requested ALS intercept and County it was determined that they had not yet left the facility..........maybe they should call themselves Hudson Valley EMS and not Paramedics.........

=========== Scary!