Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doug_e

New Rochelle Fire 1/11 Discussion

4 posts in this topic

NRFD called FDMV for an Engine but cancelled them enroute. FDMV apparatus never left the city.

Units on scene were Eng 24, 22, 23, 25(fast), TL 11, and L13.

I believe Eng 21 and Ladder 12 were OOS, maybe for training, but unsure.

Date: 1-11-05

Time: 1230 hours

City/County: New Rochelle

Agencies: NRFD E-22,23,21,25(fast) TL-11, L-12, 2302, 30A1

Frequencies: 46.06

Writer:nicholas994, iceemt21

1235hrs

Confirmed fire in a 3 story occupied building. Fire in the rear of Third floor. 1 Line stretched at this time.

1240hrs

A/P 2302 Main body of fire is knocked down, and now unsder control..

I hope E24 was there their station is right down the street

Eng 24 was first due, came down westbound on drake and pulled just past the structure, one 1 3/4 inch line off the back step. I believe there was a hydrant just past the structure. TL 11 set up just past the front of the building, coming in from Main St, passing E 24. Ladder 13, not L12, set up behind TL 11, just passed E24. E23 pulled up in facing E 24, while E 22 pulled off to the side of the road to allow L13 to reach the front of the fire building.

IMO, good placement of vehicles. The first due engine knowing all other apparatus would be coming in from Main St on Drake pulled far enough past the structure to allow both Ladders to set up right in front. Second and Third Due Engines also positioned themselves so that they did not block the path of later arriving units.

Fire looked to be put out using 1 line, with a second stretched, but did not look charged.