Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

Virus warning for Facebook users

6 posts in this topic

Hey all,

There is a virus / password fisher going around Facebook. Unfortunately I received an email from a friend whose account was cracked into (not a hacker there is a difference) saying "you look good in this movie HaHaHa!" Don't click the link!!! Unfortunately for me it was someone who sends me jokes all the time and sends safe e-mails that had his account broken into. My home computer is messed up so I have to re-install Windows and my anti-virus again.

If you get this e-mail or others like it that state "You look good....." dont' open and delete it. Send your friend a separate message about the virus and report it to Facebook.

Izzy

Thanks Izzy, I will pass it on to my contacts. I received something this AM about someone seeing my picture in another web site, is that similar to this?

yea thanks.. it really seems to be going around. I had two of this message in my inbox yesterday from friends I dont usually talk to, so i figured something was up. The page was already marked as a phishing website so it was already blocked

I'm still trying to clean my home 'puter up. Thankfully my laptop is up and running. Right now my home puter is a mess. Virus scans ect. I'm almost at the point where I might have to wipe out my main hard drive. Its a really nasty trojan. Usually I watch out for this crap but this time it got me.

Worked on it this morning and I'm about 90% clean now. My computer is not acting like a zombie anymore.