Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redmack

Detective Sergeant Bonura-PPD-Disciplinary Hearing

4 posts in this topic

Disciplinary Hearing Editorial

Bonura hearings cost taxpayers needlessly

I am writing, in part, regarding your Friday article concerning the 24-count indictment obtained by the Westchester District Attorney's Office against Khalil Gonzalez ("Reputed informant in dispute with cop indicted in 6 break-ins"). Not mentioned in that article is a lot of the credit for the evidence that was recovered and used to get the indictment for charges in so many jurisdictions, must go to the detective who led the investigation in Pleasantville, Detective Sgt. Stephen Bonura, and his excellent detective work. This is the same Sgt. Bonura whose disciplinary hearing resumes tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. at Pleasantville Village Hall. This hearing is, at Sgt. Bonura's insistence, open to the public.

Tonight is the hearing (1/15/09) at Pleasantville Village Hall, which is located at the intersection of Bedford Road and Wheeler Avenue. The meeting starts at 5:30 pm. Please come and show your support.

I have to work tonight and regretably won't be able to attend but I send my support to Detective Sergeant Bonura, keep your head up brother you will get through this.

It's a disgrace how Pleasantivlle has treated him, those of us in law enforcement in westchester already know that the DA's office isn't on our side but when your job turns on you thats nonsense, how dare they turn on a decorated veteran cop for speaking the truth.

I guess nothing in civil service should come as a suprise these days

I have know Steve for many years-he is a highly respected police officer in this county and what they are doing to him in Pleasentville is a discrace. I can only hope that the citizens of that community come and support him and let the village officials know what a waste of tax dollars are being spent---get this police officer back to work let him protect and serve.

I HATE multi million dollar civil suits. They're usually frivolous and 9 times out 10 they're more about hurt feelings and quick paydays than they are about measurable losses. If for nothing other than their arrogance and complete disrespect for steve and all of his service I hope we soaks them for every penny.

Edited by ny10570