Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFLYNN

1 post in this topic

Lets say I dont understand the topic ok maybe I dont LOL. But is there any truth to yonkers refusing to go mutual aid at one point like 2 years ago, or was I just imagining things on the news. Maybe its a little off topic but you bash vollies to a certain dagree now you wont even help your own brothers in mount vernon. If iam wrong iam wrong and I will accept that but I will not apoligize to you for being wrong Iam only human.

Jason, we're practically neighbors right? OK, I won't say it but you really need to... you know?

...you state "you bash vollies to a certain degree"...I don't agree with this statement at all...you state..."you won't even help your own brothers in mount vernon"...very, very wrong...and Jason, these were not questions, they were statements.

Now, to your question...I don't think you were imagining things on the news, just misinterpreting, so let me be clear...Yonkers Fire Department has never refused a mutual aid request in Westchester County from any department, career or volunteer. We refuse to staff inadequately manned fire departments (stand by in quarters) for indefinite periods of time while the rest of the department is operating at a fire. We have a policy that we will respond basically anywhere for a fire or emergency when requested and we will also respond to stand by in another departments quarters but we will not remain there indefinitely. If that department has not begun a recall of their off-duty members within thirty minutes of our arrival, we inform them that unless they begin to recall members, we will leave. Our policy actually helps the brothers in Mt.Vernon more than you probably realize and if other departments had the same policy, Mt. Vernon would most likely have adequate manpower as we speak.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get the message out again...repetition breeds retention.

And Jason, as per your request I won't type those four letters which seem to bother you so much. But really buddy, this is just business for me. I'm sure you are an outstanding person, a swell guy. I don't know what you look like, but if you recognize me some day, introduce yourself and let's shake hands, heck I'll give you a big hug if you want.