Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris

Should we all have the same accountabilty tags?

11 posts in this topic

We should all have the same accountability tags.

I agree 100%. We should have a set standard for accountability tags so I know a guy with a red tag is interior, and a guy with a blue tag is not. Major incidents with several companies operating always becomes confusing.

This thread has made me think of something else.......BRB.

PC is big into accountability tags..."You SCOTT up, you tag up!" If you don't have a tag, stay behind the fire line unless told otherwise.

We are very big on accountability in Lake Carmel. It starts the moment you get on the truck until the moment we are back at the firehouse. Our officers are very strict about following the accountability. For the most part you cant even be on the first due apparatus without having been issued an interior tag.

The County has Standardized the accountability tags. The Chief of a department has to sign off that you have recieved the standard training before an interior tag is issued to you.

Just to back up Nick944, We have two tags one stays on the truck so they know which truck you came on. Our second tag goes to the accountablity officer if we have to go into the "Hot Zone". He then clips to a board according to where you are going on the scene. If you are going inside 2nd floor thats were the tag goes. If you are doing outside ventilation he/she knows about it. The second tag is given back when back in quarters.

accountability tags should be all the same.

IN Hartsdale we have two tags. One blue one white. the blue one stays on the rig, or if you meet the rigs at the scene in the deputys car. The white ones we use for mutual aide. The blue stay on the rig responding out of district, and the white go to the I.C. at the scene we are responding to.

If only we had accountability. Dept. tried it about 6 years ago, was never enforced, and then it disappeared. As the saying goes "it's the way we've always done it."

I am trying to understand why there are still departments not doing accoutnability. We all get the same training(basiclly), we all get the same fire magazines and I am sure all of stop and hear the horror stories on the news about lost firefighters dieing. Are those departments just waiting for something to happen to them or the departments close to them? By then it will be to late. We would lose another bother.It is time for standardizing everywhere.

I believe the was a discussion in the northern end of the county about Tags. After the Buchanan, Bannon Ave fire we addressed the accountability tag problem at the critique. What happened? Oh thats right, we make our own again, and there different from the everuone elses...Stupid, should all be the same!!!