Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdny2003

Obtaining a CT and PA EMT card

7 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I've been looking to get my Connecticut and Pennsylvania EMT cards, just because I'm spending a more time out there...and was wondering if anyone knew where I could get the forms to fill out to obtain these cards or what I have to do go get them. Thank you in advanced for the help.

For PA all you need to do is contact any regional EMS office and challenge the test, or you can take the national registry exam and it will be recognized by the PA department of health

If you are certified in New York, contact the PA Dept. of Health and it is simply a matter of filling out the required forms and sending a copy of your certification to receive reciprocity in PA. The process only takes a few weeks.

CT - print out the reciprocity form, mail it to CT DOH, fill out the top of the investigation form and fax it to NYS DOH. In a few weeks you should get a letter saying your a CT EMT and it will give you your number. Few weeks after that you will get your cards.

I go to college in PA and live in CT; if you have your NREMT cert you are good for both but the regional ems coordinator in PA also asked for papers on my origional class as well, not sure if thats the same throughout the state or not. Also, the regional ems office in PA wasn't very quick, so just be persistant. I think since NY borders PA it will be easier, as they are more willing to give reciprocity to states that border PA. If you need any other help, just pm me.