Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rockland 911 Dispatcher's Association

8 posts in this topic

As some of you may already know a couple of years ago the 911 Dispatchers of Rockland County formed our own fraternal/social organization called ROCKLAND 911 DISPATCH ASSOCIATION. We try to have a meeting every month except December and August and any 911 dispatcher is welcome. So far we are doing rather well, with members from Clarkstown, Orangetown, Haverstraw, Stony Point, Ramapo, and Spring Valley.

We have many goals but over the past 18-24 months we have devoted an extraordinary effort to get the 25 year retirement legislation bill (A08596) passed. This has included petitions, letter writing, e-mail and fax campaigns, and phone calls to our local representatives as well as luncheons with county and state legislators.

In an effort to lobby our elected officials to renew and pass this legislation, we voted last month to team up with the N.Y.S. VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE & RESCUE ASSOCIATION. This group has a large membership. They also have a strong lobby that goes to Albany annually with a slate of issues they support. We feel this is a very beneficial alliance for us.

In addition, we would like to get our neighboring counties' 911 dispatchers involved and join us to make our group regional. By increasing our membership we increase our voice and maybe we can get our representatives in Albany to get a 25 year retirement bill for all 911 dispatchers.

Please come to our next meeting on Sunday, February 15, 2009 at 1700 hours. It will be at the Town of Stony Point Police Department, 79 Route 210, Stony Point, NY

Click here for a map.

ALL POLICE, FIRE & 911 DISPATCHERS FROM WESTCHESTER, ORANGE AND PUTNAM COUNTIES ARE WELCOME.

Some of our objectives are:

• Recognize and award outstanding 911 dispatchers that have performed above and beyond the call of duty.
  • Annual awards dinner and luncheon provided by the organization. Last years was catered by Rhodes Tavern in Sloatsburg, NY
  • We award two annual scholarships for participating member's families.
  • Advance and promote the image of the 911 dispatchers through media and interacting with the public.
  • Work to get 25 year retirement legislation passed in New York for all 911 dispatchers.
Any questions, my e-mail is : mrkrooney1@aol.com Edited by LAD19DER NY

I am a Putnam 911 Dispatcher and would like to get involved with the group. Now for the unfortunatly, I am comming off an A-B double on the 15th and cannot make that meeting. I hope to be able to come to the next one.

Clarkstown, Orangetown, Haverstraw, Stony Point, Ramapo, and Spring Valley.

what? No 44 control dispatchers? (sarcasm)

Edited by firecoins

Sorry, yes they are also active in our group. My error.

Thank you for your effort on the 25 yr retirement I know the DC 911 Dispatchers worked hard on it last year sending letters to Rep.

It is going to take all of us to unite together to make this happen. As small fractioned groups, it is very hard to get our voice heard. We now face an even greater hurdle with the economy as it is.

Our last meeting generated some interest and some new faces, and we would like to keep the momentum going.

Our next meeting will be Sunday, March 15, 2009 at 1700 hours.

Place is the Rockland Fire Training Center, 26 Firemens Memorial Dr. Pomona, NY

Download the attached flyer for your BB

R911_DA_MEETING.doc

Edited by LAD19DER NY