Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryefd192

Interesting building..what would you do.

8 posts in this topic

While driving today in rural Alabama I noticed and interesting building. It was a church that had a standard brick faced building as what I would guess to be its offices; but what caught my attention was the Sanctuary area. It is one of those "bubble" buildings. (Much like the tennis complex in Mamaroneck during the winter, but appearing to be permanent). My question is, how would you go about attacking a fire in a building like that, I'm assuming that inside the pews are probably wooden and I'm sure there is plenty to burn inside. Without windows, or roof access, and with that kind of exterior, I can't even begin to imagine the complexities of a job like that.

P.S. has anyone ever faced a fire in a building like this?

it's the clear one, the new space aged ones, you can't even see it

Stick a pin in the bubble to see if it will burst? lol.

In all seriousness...make sure no life safety risk exists. Make sure we don't become the life safety risk. Protect the hard building if possible and let the bubble be free. I'm sure they can put another one up as quick as it will melt/burn or fall down.

It the bubble a foam based construction material??? I'm not familiar with the building you are refering to.

Whoa, Chris... is that where the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man lives?