Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

"You're Anti Career! You're Anti-Volunteer"

2 posts in this topic

Some disgruntled members who can't read or understand the rules have accused me of being "anti-volunteer" or "anti-career" when their posts get deleted because of the aformentioned issue.

I would like to say that I'm neither. I was both a volunteer firefighter and a career firefighter, and I'm "PRO-firefighting" (pro meaning FOR).

There's really no difference between a lot of careeer departments and volunteer departments in many cases in my eyes. Each has its own set of issues, as I have personally experienced and known many people who have. True firefighters want to help people, those who choose "sides" want to help themselves.

Additionally, if you're going to sit in the corner on this forum and sulk until you blowup because you're "afraid" to post, just join in the discussion, be respectful, positive, and constructive, share your opinion and we won't have any issues with your post. Despite some members thoughts, deleting posts is a last resort, and often members have been warned several times before. Suspension follows if the member keeps up the behavior. And, if the member decides to really go at it with the staff, then we consider a ban. However, a member is given three warnings before any disciplinary action is taken.

If you have a question as to why something was done on this forum, we'd be glad to explain. Email me at my EMAIL address at seth@emtbravo.com. I'm listening.

I agree. I am also "Pro Firefighting" and "Pro EMS", meaning I fight for the rights and protection of every firefighter and EMS provider, regardless of status. We are a team and work together, despite some peoples negative comments.

Add to the discussion, be respectful and considerate of others, respect other peoples opinions and do not bash them, and realise that there is no right or wrong...just people sharing opinions. So leave the childish argument behind and add something to the discussions.