Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyPFD

Baghdad Engine

6 posts in this topic

I did not take this pic. A buddy I grew up with took it when he was deployed. Buff away.

post-15282-1239112730.jpg

Cant quite make out what type it is? Nice looking rig though, simple and straight forward.

i believe you ar correct if you look at the grill just above the Q you can make out the big S

It is indeed a Sutphen stationed in the Green Zone (oops International Zone) of Baghdad and operated by KBR F&ES. On one of my trips through going on R&R I stopped off at the station for a couple of hours to check things out. Like all the rigs in Iraq there's very little in the way of bells and whistles, but almost all are good solid dependable rigs that have held up fairly well in the harsh environment and relatively primitive conditions. These guys see the most work in the sandbox and unlike most other stations/FOBs they actually interact with the locals regularly on the streets since the Green Zone is an "open" area. During my first couple of years over there they were regularly responding to the multitude of car bombings people here saw on the nightly news.

WSI operates Pierce engines, rescues and ARFF rigs as well as E-One tankers at their stations on the main bases and FOBs.

Cogs

Edited by FFPCogs