Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHFD21255

North Highlands FD's Convertible

16 posts in this topic

1950's (1947-1954) American LaFrance 700 Open Cab?

Edited by bvfdjc316

1955 , 150 gallon booster tank. Nice preconnect.

Any guess as to the Year and Make

slideshow055.jpg

Based on the bumper it's a 1947, 48. ALF only had a round bumper with the grill on orders placed before 49. Half way through 49 they went tp the square bumper. The picture shows many upgrades over the years

Based on the bumper it's a 1947, 48. ALF only had a round bumper with the grill on orders placed before 49. Half way through 49 they went tp the square bumper. The picture shows many upgrades over the years

I agree and looked up some info on those models and you are correct. By '49 / '50 ALF changed over to the "flat" bumper style. I would assume this is 1948 model.

On a side note its not an open cab, this is a semi-open cab forward rig. It has doors, full open cabs do not. Also according to the 100 Years of ALF book, pump sizes varied from 500 gpm up to 1500 gpm but there is no information what tank sizes were available. Looking at the pump set up, I would assume this is either a 500 or 750 gpm if I was to guess.

Any guess as to the Year and Make

slideshow055.jpg

love the spot lights

1947 Amercan La France 700 series Invader 750 g.p.m. 150 GAL TANK J series V 12 motor ,shift pattern 1st forword left 2nd forword right 3rd left back 4th right back FUN TO DRIVE! ;)

Wow, impressive. And all I was gonna say was 50's era ALF..

I am not sure of the year, but this is an early model 700 Series American LaFrance from the 50's.

1947 Amercan La France 700 series Invader 750 g.p.m. 150 GAL TANK J series V 12 motor ,shift pattern 1st forword left 2nd forword right 3rd left back 4th right back FUN TO DRIVE! ;)

How did I know you would know?!?!?!?!? B):D

City of Poughkeepsie, NY had a few 700 series engine in the early day with the curb side pump panel . The City has one that the Fire fighters have restore and use at Special Event.(I believe it's a 700 series.) The last time I saw it ,it was locate at the Public Safety Building with Engine 2 & Tower Ladder 2. It look realy good and they did a great job of restoring it. Keep up the great work and be Fire Safe out there.

Since we are just having a little blerb about curb-sid pump panels, I beleive the only ALF on the east coast with this style set up is Cosgrove Co. 4 in Harvestraw. I beleive is a Century 2000 cab.

I know New York City ran a bunch of 700 and 800 series pumpers with set up too back in the day.

Since we are just having a little blerb about curb-sid pump panels, I beleive the only ALF on the east coast with this style set up is Cosgrove Co. 4 in Harvestraw. I beleive is a Century 2000 cab.

I know New York City ran a bunch of 700 and 800 series pumpers with set up too back in the day.

Only 700 series, when the 800's came out FDNY was allready buying the new C-85' Mack's! ;)

Only 700 series, when the 800's came out FDNY was allready buying the new C-85' Mack's! ;)

Really? I though they had only a few 800's. must have been a misprint what I was reading.

as a member of North Highlands i would like to see this again and possibly restored