Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unklecletus

2 posts in this topic

Will people still be members for free. I love this site but i can't afford to pay to come here. So if i dont get one of the packages above can i stll come here for free?

Will people still be members for free. I love this site but i can't afford to pay to come here. So if i dont get one of the packages above can i stll come here for free?

Our goal is to always remain free to all, although if our financial situation worsens in the next few weeks we may be forced to require a minimal montly fee, a route I am hoping we do not have to take.

We rely heavily on advertisers, the income of which is not what it may seem and many advertisers have been extended credit, given a courtesy ad, or I am awaiting payment on, so I rely on member dononations to fill in the gap.

We were hit especially hard this month by annual license and domain name renewal fees. I budgeted to pick up these costs myself, but I was laid off and had some health issues and am having a hard time finding a job in this economy. Every time the budget is going well and as planned on this site, something happens. It has been a bumpy financial road since I lost my job as a firefighter with no compensation for my injury whatsoever, and there are will be no lawsuit or settlement. I am mentioning this to quash any rumors about this site turning a profit, which it never has and probaly never will at this point. (Profit is not the goal of this site- any profit is reinvested back into the site or savings for the site)

So, ever since we rely on those members who are generous enough to give what they can when they can afford to to keep this site going.