Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest paramedico987

XTL-2500 problem...

8 posts in this topic

So, yeah.

I've got an otherwise mediocre ambulance here, except that fancy county radio that my tax dollars bought doesn't seem to be working.

When powered on it displays "MAINTENANCE MODE / REMOTE DEVICE" and doesn't do anything else.

Anybody know how to turn this little bugger back into a useful radio?

What size shoe do you wear? Manufacturer requires 10 or larger, but I've seen in forums where people were successful with shoes as small as an 8. From a seated position apply the heal of the shoe/boot directly to the head unit with sufficient force to affect change. Repeat as necessary until problem message is cleared from the display.

So, yeah.

I've got an otherwise mediocre ambulance here, except that fancy county radio that my tax dollars bought doesn't seem to be working.

When powered on it displays "MAINTENANCE MODE / REMOTE DEVICE" and doesn't do anything else.

Anybody know how to turn this little bugger back into a useful radio?

Radio needs to go back to the Motorola depot for repair. Contact the either of the 2 DES authoriezed Motorola shops for depot repair whioch are Metrocom 244-3500 or ESS 592-5005.

Radio needs to go back to the Motorola depot for repair. Contact the either of the 2 DES authoriezed Motorola shops for depot repair whioch are Metrocom 244-3500 or ESS 592-5005.

Sounds like another one of the County's lovely expensive but problem plagued radios. Needs to go back for reprogramming from Metrocom or ESS. This radio is now just another pretty electronic box on your dash good for nothing, not much different from when it "worked".

Sounds like you got your self a expensive paper weight....

Sounds like another one of the County's lovely expensive but problem plagued radios. Needs to go back for reprogramming from Metrocom or ESS. This radio is now just another pretty electronic box on your dash good for nothing, not much different from when it "worked".

Yeah, because no other radios have EVER failed. Let's blame the county, seems like the easiest of scapegoats...

And FYI, when that radio is working, the system is excellent. Of course most don't think so because they either haven't used it, have no idea how to use it or would just rather point fingers and blame others for their own shortcomings. It isn't just the trunk radios people can't use, I can't tell you how often people cut themselves off using the conventional stuff, how many people think they know how to program a radio and it doesn't work right and how often people sound like they're swallowing the microphone when trying to communicate. Let's not foget how many self-proclaimed radio "programmers" have incorrectly put the Ground Ops channels in portable radios so they don't work and/or drift to other Ground ops channels because of a lack of knowing what they're truly doing.

Remember all, be smarter then the radio - TRAIN WITH IT and ASK QUESTIONS...

If it is a remote head radio? If so, try confirming that the control head cable didn't become disconnected. One other thing I'd look at is that the radio is still getting power at the main two pin connector, found at the rear of the transmitter.

This occurred with a Yonkers radio and the cause was found by our Commo Lt to be a blown fuse.

There are 3 fuses to check...