Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chovesh

NYC EMS Employment?

4 posts in this topic

Which (if any) of the voluntaries in the city are hiring? I heard NYP-EMS recently rescinded their hiring freeze. When I asked if they were doing interviews they said they have no idea when they'll be doing interviews and that they'll call.

How do you submit resumes to the other hospitals? (Places like Lenox Hill or St. Luke's that have EMS but don't advertise it anywhere, you can't search EMS job openings on their website, most don't even list EMS in the phone directory)

You take a trip into New York City, go to the respective hospital's human resources department and inquire about positions within their EMS division.

Said the wise one, like the true, old sage that he is.

Actualy you should try to get in touch with transcare. They run quite a few of the hospitals ambulances for them. Beth Isreal hospital and NYU I know for certain are run by transcare, St.Lukes and LICH might also be run by transcare because they are part of the continueum health network. Also possible that Transcare runns Mt. Sinai's ambulances also. North Shore LIJ runs a few ambulances in queens. Aside from that the above suggestions are probably your best bet. My suggestion would be to try to get with a hospital outside of manhattan, otherwise you will be run ragged all day every day. Brutal is the only way that i can describe my workload in midtown Manhattan. So unless you like to be really busy all the tiime, I would look at the hospitals outside of manhattan. And just about every 911 recieving hospital also provides at least one ambulance to the system.