Pic from Trumbull Structure Fire 6/26/09

9 posts in this topic

Courtesy of firegroundimages

all pics will be up soon-

http://www.firegroundimages.com/gallery/86...72_fqFvf/Medium

Date: 6/26/09

Time: 18:15hrs

Frequency: 33.5600- Dispatch 33.7600- ops

Units Operating: Trumbull FD(Nichols,TCFD, Long Hill) Huntington FD, Monroe FD, Stevenson FD, Stepney FD, Botsford FD, Sandy Hook FD

Weather Conditions: Thunderstorm

Description Of Incident: Nichols District dispatched for a reported kitchen fire

Enroute dispatch reported multiple calls for fire coming from the house- filled out structure fire assignment adding Trumbull Center and Long Hill- units responding from several other calls

Heavy Fire showing from the rear of large 2 1/2 story colonial- lines stretched into the interior

Command reports heavy fire on all floors have 4 lines stretched and operating,

requesting evacuation tone- switching to exterior ops

Fire now through the roof

Command reports little to now water pressure in area, requesting 6 tankers to the scene(a first for Trumbull)

Fire placed under control @ 21:30hrs- holding all in town companies on scene, releasing tankers and out of town mutual aid

Stepney FD fill in to Long Hill, Norwalk Engine 1 to Trumbull Center (there was a miscommunication w/ Trumbull dispatch and cmed and cmed called Norwalk and requested an engine to the scene- Engine 1 arrived and was sent to cover since they were already in town)

Long Hill took in several calls during fire, Trumbull Center responded to another lightning strike during fire

Some units still onscene as of this post

Reporters:

Writer: eckyphats

Edited by eckyphats

Actually this is not the first time Trumbull has called tankers. About 25 years ago or so, there was a situation in Trumbull where the water system was contaminated with gas and they had a number of fires in town and called various tankers from surrounding towns to respond.

seems like a pretty good fire anybody get hurt?

no one was hurt

and yes I am now recalling that incident years ago, actually blew a guy off the toilet

Looks familiar to the Chappaqua fire (starting in the roof) a while ago, although they had some people inside. However, looks like this was a surround and drown?

I learned at my quarterly meeting last night a total of 65,000 gallons was dumped on the fire. The family's house who burnt is actually very good friends with my family. That house was gorgeous, they went to over 150 open houses to take designs they liked before constructing that one. The homeowner's were the ones who reported it. The house was struck by lightning which knocked out all electrical so the alarm company never received the alarm. when he came home with his family, they saw the smoke from the rear of the house and called it in, but it was too late. My family and I were on vacation when it burnt so i was not there, but i talked to him yesterday and they are alright.

no one was hurt

and yes I am now recalling that incident years ago, actually blew a guy off the toilet

your too young to recall that incident!!!!

your too young to recall that incident!!!!

ehh you know what I mean :P

to answer some of the questions when the first unit arrived ( they were less then 2 minutes away at another call) there was heavy fire showing from all floors in the rear, a interior attack was started and shortly after part of the back of the structure collapsed and the fire took complete control of the upper floor and attic and units had very poor water pressure.. only about 40 psi coming off the hydrants( hence the tanker response) and everyone was pulled out about 10 minutes after. Firefighters were able to rescue the family dog during the primary search though before being pulled out. the odds were against everyone from the start, dead end street, house 500 feet off the road with a narrow driveway and the pure size of it and volume of fire..glad the family is ok and hopefully then can rebuild soon

Ecky,

Roof & House were supposed to be at my b-day party but went to the call instead!!!! LOL

Heck if I knew that this was the "birthday candel" I would have come buffed it out and blow it out! LOL

By watching the video, talking to the guys after and looking at the pictures, talk about a hand-full.