Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prucha25

FDNY EMS Academy

5 posts in this topic

So I finally got the call today after a year of waiting that I got the job with FDNY EMS. I start the Academy on July 27th. I was just wondering if anyone had any pointers or anything specific I should focus on. I've worked for a few companies, and I also volly in two VAC's so I have an idea of what my weak points are and I'm going to study up more on them and also do more practical scenarios with my fellow vac members. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!

If it was me I would going to the academy and forget you ever worked for any other company or ever did it with the vollies. Act like it is your first day on earth and let them show you everything.

Just what I would do.

If it was me I would going to the academy and forget you ever worked for any other company or ever did it with the vollies. Act like it is your first day on earth and let them show you everything.

Just what I would do.

Listen to CPAGE...you dont know sh*t. I went through it back in 05 and since have become a FF. Academically speaking at least for me the TOPS program was harder than Proby School. Good luck my friend and study hard for those scenarios!

Like CPAGE said, go in with a fresh mind and soak up everything. My understanding is that they add in a bit more anatomy and physiology as well as pathophysiology. Don't be intimidated, while that stuff is challenging it's no worse than A&P 1/2 in college - take good notes, read and complete your assignments. Other than that, enjoy learning how to be an FDNY EMT.

I don't have any advice but conrats and good luck.