Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JFLYNN

Chappaqua Fire

2 posts in this topic

I noticed in the Incident Alert that the Armonk Engine dispatched to the Chappaqua fire today was "retoned for a driver" approximately 30 minutes after the initial dispatch...questions I have are: was this Armonk Engine part of the initial assignment? If not, at what time were they requested / dispatched? Did a driver ever show up? If so, what time did the Engine arrive on scene and how many interior qualified firefighters were on it? Last, did this delay effect the outcome of the fire? Thanks!

I noticed in the Incident Alert that the Armonk Engine dispatched to the Chappaqua fire today was "retoned for a driver" approximately 30 minutes after the initial dispatch...questions I have are: was this Armonk Engine part of the initial assignment? If not, at what time were they requested / dispatched? Did a driver ever show up? If so, what time did the Engine arrive on scene and how many interior qualified firefighters were on it? Last, did this delay effect the outcome of the fire? Thanks!

I wrote this stuff down as I heard it so the times, although probably correct, are estimated.

Armonk was requested to relocate to Chappaqua FD HQ at 15:12, retoned for the driver at 15:20 and was enroute at 15:25. It only went to cover Chappaqua and was not pulled to the fire scene.