Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

Westchester County PD Fireground capability

3 posts in this topic

Both last night 8/07, and tonight I heard WCPD Air 2 & Air 3 utilizing Fireground 4 for training purposes. Last night I heard them mention Post 28 (if I recall correctly George's Island Park). I also saw them, along with WCPD Marine 4, heading Southbound on the Hudson around 1930. Tonight I heard them mention the Taconic and to head toward the Dam. I also heard mention of "Chris" possibly Chris192??

Just an FYI for all IC's that these units have these frequencies should we need to utilize these resources.

WCPD SOD Marine 4 (Hudson River) has a trunk radio, and can be contacted on it if needed. A simple switch on this radio, like the others in all Fd & EMS rigs now, to Zone C can get them on to the Firegrounds (Ground Ops) channels.

We've worked with M4 a couple of times this Summer on both the trunk and conventional systems.

As far as the whirly bird, I don't think they have a trunk radio yet, but they can be contacted on Firegrounds.

Another note of interest, the STAT choppers (or chopper now...) are also SUPPOSED to have the capability to communicate with an LZ on Firegrounds 2 or 6. It offers limited range, but it is useful.

Yes, we did use the FG4 for a couple of hours this weekend when we ran out of PD frequencies to use. Busy weekend around the county!

Marine 4 does have a trunked radio and a technical issue for the helicopter is being worked out after which it will have trunked capabilities also. Right now we can use any of the fireground frequenies, many of the EMS channels (VHF), and of course PD frequenies.

The V-Tac, U-Tac, and I-Tac radio frequencies are also available in the helicopter so there are a multitude of options if we're ever needed.