Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TCD0415

Motorola HT-1550 XLS Programming Options

10 posts in this topic

My department has recently purchased 25 Motorola HT 1550 XLS Portable Radios for Fire-Ground use.

We have all frequencies that need to be installed, but my vendor is not being much help with the available options for the programmable buttons on the side and front of the radio. He is telling me that there is no documentation available with options on how to program these buttons (6 different ones).

This is our 1st round with these radios and I really do not know what they could be used for, but want to make sure that I am not missing something that could be useful.

Does anyone have any experience with this radio or similar radios and could tell me any possibilities that we may want to program into these buttons ?

Another option would be to KISS and leave them blank.......

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by jack10562
Topic moved to Communications

We have the side buttons set up as quick press is light up display, scan on/off, monitor. One is set up as dual function with a long press is a key pad lock. They have a lot of different options when there set them up using the Motorola software.

Sounds like your vendor does not know what he is talking about. I bet he did not even know that the HT1550XLS line has just been discontinued by Motorola either.

Sounds like your vendor does not know what he is talking about. I bet he did not even know that the HT1550XLS line has just been discontinued by Motorola either.

Yes, we have not been happy with their performance. Any idea why it was discontinued ? That is news to me also...... hmmmmmm

They have the same options that a HT1250 has..

Orange Button-scan on/off

Top button I have for monitor

middle button i have set for light

bottom button I have set for scan list edit

P1 is Toggle High/Low Power

P2 is Toggle Talkaround/Repeater

P3 is Zone...

That is a example how I have mine set up.

Here are the options.

Monitor

Volume set

LED Battery Indicator

Toggle system scan on/off

toggle repeater/talkaround

toggle tight/normal squelch

toggle option board on/off

phone mode

speed dial

radio call

voice storage playback exit

voice storage playback

voice storage delete

light

zone

scan list edit

call alert member 1

call alert member 2

call alert member 3

speed call alert

sel cal member 1

sel cal member 2

sel cal member 3

speed sel call

sticky permanent monitor

That list is taken right out of the software..all your fender has to do is read the radio and LOOK.

Tell him read the radio go to controls and menus and conventional buttons.

Best bet is find a tech-savvy person in your department and get the programming done yourself in-house. Otherwise, like the others said, get another vendor.

Sign up for MOL, sign the agreement, buy the software, assign somebody (member/officer) to deal with the radios and be happy :D

LOL sign of for MOL? The software for that radio is floating around in so many different places..

Thanks everyone for the replies. Definitely helpful.

The vendor owes us the initial programming which we will give them, but moving forward, we have discussed purchasing the software and cables and handling it in-house. I will probably be the one who handles it, but I am a bit concerned about turning the radio into a paperweight (Bricking ?) if I mess something up.

Is programming these something that we could do fairly easily without wiping out our inventory ?

7586 gave you the best advice. Another good place to go is the batlabs.com site and forums.