Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Photounit

9-11-2009 - Towers of Light Tribute

14 posts in this topic

I was not planning on posting these but here they are.... I had planned on going to Liberty State Park (Where these were taken from) then to the base of the Brooklyn Bridge, and then to the base of the lights themselves but due to the weather being so lousy, I scrapped the whole idea...... Then I saw a gap in the rain on the radar and decided to go down at the last minute....... I only shot a few photo's before the torrential rains started again and then I gave up..... I met and spoke with quite a few photographers while I was there and there were quite a few people there who just sat and watched the tribute....... It's pretty impressive to see and no photo can do it justice....... I have posted these on my web site an you can download them for your own personal use....They are not watermarked...... If you post these on the web, I ask that you credit me for them.... FYI - The native size of the panos are roughly 58"W x 12"H

647406172_rT8SU-X2-3.jpg

647406411_GdQUx-X2-2.jpg

647407504_sodCn-X2-2.jpg

647407030_K4UVR-X2-2.jpg

Edited by Photounit

Beautiful Pictures, Bill!!!!! Some time I would like to go down and try and get some shots

What beautiful pictures you took. Given the weather, they came out so nice with color and clarity!

Thanks for what you did and allowing them to be printed for personal use.

Bill, these are breathtaking. Sometimes poor weather can be a surprise and the coloration of the cloud cover is amazing. And a big thank you for such huge resolution and approval for personal use.

Bill can you please post a link for your website again? Thanks!!!

Awesome photos. I'd love to throw some of these up on my MacBook as wallpaper...happen to have any of these in 1280 x 800 resolution?

Edited by Goose

Thanks everybody...... My web site is www.fdphotounit.com (See what happens when I don't watermark my images )

The Panos are 1280 x 400 so there isn't much you can do with those........ These images aren't high enough resolution to print very big as they are fairly low resolution.... I can't/won't put the hi-res files online because if I did, I could probably buy a framed copy of my images in the Galleria or worse yet - on EBay...... And I have too much time, effort, and equipment invested to do that.....Sorry.....

Here is a 1280x800 image for a wall paper............Let me know how this looks....... (This image is not on my site - Only here so Right-click on the image and save the JPeg)

All images are copyrighted 2009 - Bill Johnson/FDPhotounit.com and are posted here for personal non-commercial use.........

post-6284-1253002564.jpg

Edited by Photounit

Thanks so much bro! Absolutely amazing. Just threw it up on the MacBook and my jaw dropped!