Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Yankee medic

Middlesex Hospital-Info?

3 posts in this topic

Looking to move north. Saw an add for a fly car medic position at Middlesex Hospital in Middletow, Ct. Anyone have good, bad or indifferent info?? Thanks for your support.

Looking to move north. Saw an add for a fly car medic position at Middlesex Hospital in Middletow, Ct. Anyone have good, bad or indifferent info?? Thanks for your support.

From the medics I've spoken to, it sounds like a pretty good position. They are hospital employees, running fly cars for a large, mostly rural region, plus Middletown. They run out of the main hospital, plus their satellite ED's in Essex and Marborough, plus a medic based at Madison Ambulance. The protocols are fairly liberal (including RSI), and most of the medics I've dealt with seemed fairly competent. One thing that may or may not be considered a down side is that the medics work in the ED when not on calls; some people may like this, some may not.

Middlesex Medics are a busy bunch covering a large area of the county. I'll see if I can find out some more information for you though my old C-MED connections.