Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TR54

Briarcliff Manor - Firemen - Vintage Photo

6 posts in this topic

Briarcliff Manor Firemen pose after a drill. Note the member on the left side with the portable radio carried on his shoulder.

post-23-1256330439.jpg

Great picture, real clear and crisp. Love the old hip boots and coat, those were the days! lol Thanks for sharing.

The above photo is most likely from the late 1950's. The Chief with white turnout coat, third one from the right is possibly Joseph Y. Leighton. 1958-1960

Has anyone seen these Photos I Got It Off A Website I Was On

post-18279-1256413550.jpg

post-18279-1256413669.jpg

Edited by TR54

<br />Has anyone seen these Photos I Got It Off A Website I Was On<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The second photo is a factory photograph of Briarcliff Manor's 1935 American Lafrance 400 Senior Series apparatus. This photo was one of several taken in the suburbs of Elmira, NY for the ALF advertising department prior to delivery.

It was ordered in April, 1935 and was assigned American Lafrance Register No. 7706. This rig features a 1250 gpm cowl mounted Rotary Gear pump and is powered by the big Lafrance V-12 Engine. It was ordered with four hard suction hoses (two on each side) and did not carry any ladders.

It served Briarcliff Manor as Engine 93 and was retired in 1960. Some day I'll finish restoring it!!

Fred Rhein is second from right and maybe Joe Reily the 5 th from rt (eng 92 had to be close by)