Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pd125

Woman steals ambulance from Catskill Hospital (Sullivan County)

7 posts in this topic

WOW!!! How impatient and stupid can one be. At least wait until it is dark. Even then, how do you expect to not be seen driving around in an ambulance. Might as well just drive around lights and sirens to have fun before your carted off to jail...or mental health.

Similar incident happened a few years ago at HVHC. A guy got impatient waiting to be seen at the ER so he hopped into one of the paramedic trucks and drove it down to NYC (I think he wanted to go to the Bronx VA). I've always been big on locking my truck since half a set of ALS gear went missing from an Abbey truck at United hospital back in the 90s. (Not mine)

Bottom line, LOCK YOUR DOORS people.... Its not hard to do,

We do not lock the doors on our bus at the hospital. both rigs are equipped with a kill switch. Hit the button, remove the key and although the rig is still running, if someone tries to take it as soon as the transmission is placed into drive the rig shuts down.

I think it is important to lock the doors, first of all anyone looking for meds, might not know the difference between an ALS or BLS bus, so they will go through it either way. Secondly with that person in the ambulance, they will take more than just the drugs and needles. I also believe the department of health does random checks to make sure doors are locked at hospitals and sometimes at scenes, they may get in drive it around the block, and than fine you. And lastly why take 30 minutes at a hospital and have the rig unattended and running for so long?