Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Loud412

New Dispatch Channels For FDNY

8 posts in this topic

I was browsing through the radio reference database today and noticed that there are new UHF frequencies listed in addition the the VHF frequencies for each of the Dispatch channels. Does anyone know if these are permanent chanels, are they currently simulcasting, and when did they go into effect.

I was browsing through the radio reference database today and noticed that there are new UHF frequencies listed in addition the the VHF frequencies for each of the Dispatch channels. Does anyone know if these are permanent chanels, are they currently simulcasting, and when did they go into effect.

FDNY is currently in the process of switching to a all UHF system. Right now all radio traffic is being simulcasted over both VHF and UHF. This all started over the spring/summer.

You can still hear them on UHF and the old VHF high band for now. When you enter the new frequencies into a scanner, they may round up if it is a older unit you are trying to listen to them on. This should pose no problem to listent to them.

FDNY will be going trunked in the near future.

Where did you hear that? ( not disputing just wondering)

DoITT announced the completion of the network in a bulletin a while back. I'm just learning now that apparently, its not for dispatch communications. It is to replace the 800mHz radios used for administrative communications and to replace the med channels used to contact telemetry.