Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trauma74

VITAL SIGNS EMS CONFERENCE 2010

3 posts in this topic

I just happened to be checking on upcoming EMS conferences for 2010 and to my surprise, I found this.................. http://www.vitalsignsconference.com/

To my disbelief, Vital Signs 2010 will be held in NYC. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think this is the first time ever that Vital Signs will be held in NYC. On top of that, it is actually being held during the summer, which I believe is another first.

I have said it many times in the past that they should have it in NYC or somewhere in the suburbs of NYC. I am thinking that attendance at VS2010 will probably reach a new record. When you consider all of the EMS providers just in NYC alone, then you add everyone from Orange, Sullivan, Dutchess, Ulster, Westchester, Nassau & Suffolk. Those of us from these areas will have the advantage of being able to go to VS just for the day if we don't want to or don't have the funds to stay at the Hotel. Hopefully, there will be ample parking available for us who are going to drive into NYC. Taking the train or the bus may be a good option.

Anyone know or want to speculate if FDNY EMS, any of the hospitals/hospital based EMS agencies or any of the large commercial EMS services in or around NYC will be sponsoring or be heavily involved in the planning and activities for the conference?

We know that there are some great EMS teachers/instructors that come from NYC & the Hudson Valley Region. Hopefully many of them will be there to put on some top-notch sessions for us.

I am guessing we might see a large presence of ambulance manufacturers/dealers and various medical supply companies looking to possibly debut some of the newest technologies for us.

The city is usually empty during the summer isn't it? People are upstate and out on Long Island. There main problem was cost. The DOH staff at Vitals Signs would say they could not find a location that they could keep the cost around the same price. They finally did it.

YES! FINALLY!!!!!! Hopefully it will be a great success!!!!! :) :) :) :)