Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dashield

CMC Rescue School

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with the CMC Rescue School? I am looking into attending the Rope Rescue I/II during the 2010 year. Can anyone pass on any information....

I have heard really good things about the CMC Rescue School. I have also heard excellent things about the Rocco classes. The concern that I would have prior to spending the money on any school is if the courses are 1. Equivalent to NYS training so that it "counts" towards your personal state credentialing and 2. that the training meets NFPA 1006. I have heard from people over the years that the state does not issue equivalency easily, not even for some courses that have occurred down on the island.

Have you thought about taking the NYS Rope Rescue Series at Montour Falls? I have gone through this entire series, as well as taking training elsewhere. I have found the state's product on par if not ahead of some of the programs taught out of state.

I have heard really good things about the CMC Rescue School. I have also heard excellent things about the Rocco classes. The concern that I would have prior to spending the money on any school is if the courses are 1. Equivalent to NYS training so that it "counts" towards your personal state credentialing and 2. that the training meets NFPA 1006. I have heard from people over the years that the state does not issue equivalency easily, not even for some courses that have occurred down on the island.

Have you thought about taking the NYS Rope Rescue Series at Montour Falls? I have gone through this entire series, as well as taking training elsewhere. I have found the state's product on par if not ahead of some of the programs taught out of state.

All of the "out of state" programs meet the NFPA 1006 and 1670 standards. I would not take another NYS rope class since this program is so outdated and not up to speed on the equipment and procedures that are out there. There are several good programs out there, you just have to look for them. One problem with Rocco is that they have not updated their student cirriculum for about 10 years now. In the rope industry that is for ever. The field is always evolving with new techniques and equipment. Just look around.

All of the "out of state" programs meet the NFPA 1006 and 1670 standards. I would not take another NYS rope class since this program is so outdated and not up to speed on the equipment and procedures that are out there. There are several good programs out there, you just have to look for them. One problem with Rocco is that they have not updated their student cirriculum for about 10 years now. In the rope industry that is for ever. The field is always evolving with new techniques and equipment. Just look around.

Its been a while but I have taken both Roco and CMC. I would recommend either one of them.