Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chiefhac

Pictures and Video from Bronx 5th Alarm Dec 21

11 posts in this topic

John

listening too the video and audi from the youtube link the division asked for the Hi-ex foam unit and they said there wasnt a hi-ex foam. As far as I knew they still had one but they sent a foam task force

I think they got rid of the Hi-Ex unit a year or two ago. Satelites have hi-ex generators and carry 5 gallon cans.

Seeing the chains on the tires are the FDNY trucks not equipped with tire chains? And nice to see the new trucks dirty and working.

On spots and other automatic chains are ineffective in deep snow.

The Hi Ex Foam Unit was taken out of service a couple of years ago. I believe the other foam carriers all carry smaller hi ex foam generators/foam cans. So, they got Foam 260, Foam 95, SAT-4/E-324 and the two Foam Coordinators.

Seeing those pictures brings me back. My grandparents lived on Rochambeau Avenue around the corner from that fire until their passing in 1992. My grandmother used to go into that diner almost every day. There was a movie theatre across the street, not sure what it is now, my grandfather took me there to see Star Wars when I was a kid. There's a funeral home on the Perry Avenue side of the bank where we held wakes for a number of my relatives over the years. I also spent more time than I care to count in that Mc Donalds as well. Ahhh memories of days gone by. I was telling my aunt about it Christmas Eve and I could see her heart breaking at how her old neighborhood was being trashed.

On spots and other automatic chains are ineffective in deep snow.

You can not get up to speed to throw the chains under the tires in a unplowed or heavy snow. On Spots work good in light snow or ice