Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Scanner Question - BCT15 static issue

5 posts in this topic

I have a BCT15 scanner. I've never had any issues with it, however my 1 year old nephew kept slapping the buttons and knobs on it two weeks ago, and that's when the problems began. I got everything under control, however, after every transmission it receives, I get a second or two of static, sometimes more. Any thoughts?

sounds like the same problems with that trunk radio thingie in my tanker !!! I keep smacking it when I can find a channel and now its not working right... might be the same thing...

You may have a loose connection with the squelch nob or it could be something else. Is the scanner still under warranty? Let me know before I have you open it up. Also does this happen on all programed frequencies?

Muns-

1) Does it happen on conventional or trunked channels?

2) If conventional, is a PL/DPL programmed in?

3) If trunked, is it for the WCDES trunked system?

4) Do you program it with a PC? If so, can you send me a note with what program you use and a copy of the programming OR an .xls export of the programming so I can look at it and see if it's a codeplug issue?

Let's start there, papi, k?

I also have a BCT15 and it does a custom scan and scans "fmr" or something like that, how do I stop it?