Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JimmyPFD

Deceptive Headline?: Man dies after Stamford cops use Taser

6 posts in this topic

When this investigation is is done; I suspect that the use of a taser will be coincidental and neither the cause nor a contributory factor in this death.

Is it just me or is a very good, and an often life saving tool getting a bad rap in the media?

http://www.lohud.com...-cops-use-Taser

(to the officers involved: know you have this community's support)

It often gets a bad rap...however after a recent lawsuit TASER International issued recommendations that departments instruct officers not to deploy the TASER in the chest area.

For the most part they are extremely safe and are deployed hundreds and thousands of times a day in our country with no issues. Lets face it they are used on people whose lifestyle choices aren't the best.

In many PD's officer involved shootings are down, injuries are down so tell me they aren't a great tool in the tool box. Of course there are those out there that feel criminals should have more rights then law abiding citizens and those who protect us, and if 1 felon dies then they must all be bad and should be banned.

My two cents: It's a great tool and definitely has a place in law enforcement. Like any other less lethal option, it has risks associated with it. The bottom line is if a Taser has to be deployed, someone isn't listening!!!

And the media wonders why we aren't more willing to pose for pictures and make comments...

Back to 2 ft long wood batons and the old Motorola radios LoL

Back to 2 ft long wood batons and the old Motorola radios LoL

Thank god someone suggested it other than myself!