Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

453.000 for NYPD ESU

11 posts in this topic

Tonight, without PL, I heard an NYPD channel over 453.000. At 0210hrs, a deputy inspector asked the dispatcher if the system was being worked on becasue he just heard "E-238" over SOD. Apparently they are hearing Westchester Fire. The problem has been ongoing since about 1800hrs. That freq. is also NY Citywide fire buffs, a Long Island PD channel, a security company and livery cab service.

Maybe this is in connection with the B'Cliff Rpter?

Hmmm :-k ...0312Hrs - "disptach supervisor to Westchester Ladder 4, Ladder 4 on the air?" -said by the same voice we've been hearing from the NYPD crossover.

(Greenville was just out on a call)

WEIRD!

Maybe this is in connection with the B'Cliff Rpter?

I'm pretty sure our repeater had nothing to do woth this, I went up to our tower last night and checked everything, our base was receiving the interference off 46.26, not from our uhf channel.

I also noticed that the interference has ceased since this morning.

I thought it might be some sorta skip, because it was so clear out last night, oh well, stranger things have happened........

I was also picking up NYPD on 453.000

What's odd is not only did we hear them but NYPD was able to hear us. I heard a NYPD unit call our WC Ladder 4.

Someone's repeater is really messed up skipping frequencies.

If someone did this as a prank, NOT FUNNY!

This poses a great danger to NYPD Police Officers and we the Westchester Firefighters.

It seems to have been corrected in the last few days. I have not heard NYPD.

As far as the Briarcliff FD UHF link to 46.26 I have been hearing it loud and clear thru Croton, Ossining, Millwood, Briarcliff areas on my scanner that I DON'T have in my car. haha

I've been hearing that ...wasn't there some kind of argument about NYC using some channels that Westchester needed or something like that a while back?

Maybe they said the heck with you we are using the frequency!

LOL =D>

The NYPD frequency thing is related to Westchester's upcoming trunking radio plan. They've worked out a solution, though.

We were lucky to get such a prime location for antennas. Our testing had us hitting the repeater with walkie talkies from Yorktown to Croton, down to Sleepy Hollow and over to Pleasantville.

The west side of the Hudson has got to love the improved coverage it's giving them. I'm going to take a ride up to the Catskills to hear if we're making it up there.

I'm lovin' the great coverage. We can hear rigs in Pelham! Gotta love that. A lot of thought and planning went into antenna placement on the tower and it sound like its paying off.

The reports are helpful, thanks. Keep us posted if you hear anything out of the ordinary.

NYC has been refusing to give up frequencies that they own to Westchester for years....I wonder if they are finally beginning to boil over into the airwaves......

It would seem highly unlikely that the BMFD repeater would cause interference to NYPD esp since NYPD operates on 470 mhz and all the Xband fire repeaters that are active ;to the best of my knowledge operate on 453.000MHZ or 460.000MHZ either way nowheres near 470mhz or lets say 473.000 mhz tx for the repeaters. and that given the transmit range to the city it would have to be someone close to the city. it's kinda of a weird way to have fun but it takes all kinds. Oh and btw, Alot of the new HAm Gear won't transmit above 470.000MHZ so its possible that if it was malicious it would have most likely been done with commerical gear and hopefully not by a Ham.

Correction : with the NEW 400mhz trunking system some Northern sites do use 470mhz but as i said pior thats kinda far to key a 473.000mhz transmitter in Manhattan (kinda why they are designed for north county use once system becomes operational)

regards,

DA'mster

what probally happended is some member of the BUFF group was cross banding on his or hers own personal radio and forgot to turn it ofF.