Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goose

EMS LODD - Pennsylvania Paramedic Attacked by Patient Dies

6 posts in this topic

According to JEMS and PhillyFireNews.com a Pennsylvania Paramedic who responded to an EDP run was stabbed by the apparently suicidal patient and died at the hospital due to the injuries. Details are few and the name of the paramedic is being withheld at the moment, though we do know he/she worked for Bensalem EMS. Other than that, nothing else to report as of now. RIP to the member who gave the ultimate sacrifice so that others may live.

I read that there is a possibility that EMS beat PD to the scene, upon coming up on the patient, he ran, and at some point the Medic was stabbed. RIP, my condolences and thoughts to all those affected, be it his co-workers and family.

wow,just horrific...

my thoughts and prayers to the family of the medic and may that medic rest in peace

...a wake up call to EMS systems that do not run with the PD, or EMT/Medics that beat the PD to the scene. Just awful

While it's very very sad that someone died. This should be a wake up call as to why we should always wait until PD have secured the scene for any call that has the possibility of being violent/Dangerous. I mean it is one of the first things they teach us in EMT.

....Scene Safe? BSI ?...

My condolences to the family and friends. RIP

IS the stabbing confirmed? The one article I saw from JEMS said there was no weapon involved and that it was probably a head injury.

IS the stabbing confirmed? The one article I saw from JEMS said there was no weapon involved and that it was probably a head injury.

I guess we'll know later on, I was going off of TheSecretList emails..

Either way, RIP.