Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

Out and About..Back to Florida

5 posts in this topic

Soooooo, I hop in the rental, and head on down to Florida for a week with the special lady friend and her son. 20 plus hours and we arrive in New Port Richey.. I spent the first few days scoping stuff out and just getting acquainted with the area.

After four days, frogs legs, alligator, and some pretty decent amounts of JD and Cruzan Rum..it was out and about I went.

First Stop, Pasco County Station 21. Here's Engine 21, a 2005 E-One Typhoon with a 75 foot Telesqurt.

I'm not a fan of midmounts, never have been. It's interesting, and it works for them.

PCE-21.jpg

Tanker 21, brand new Freightliner with a 2000 gallon tank and 500 gallon foam cell.

PCT-21.jpg

Ran over to New Port Richey, and nobody was home..I'll come back later. Off to Tampa.

I checked out the museum took some shots of the old Mack and the Gamewell box panel they had there. When I walked across the street to shoot what I had been looking for. Apparently the former Tampa Chief was a humongous Buccaneers fan. I think it shows..

Engine and Truck 1. Engine 1 is an 07 Pierce, and Truck 1 is an 08. Truck 1 is also second due to Raymond James Stadium and Steinbrenner Field.

TE-1.jpg

TT-1.jpg

Ladderboard5.jpg

Big thanx to the Tampa gang, especially after they pretty much shoved me out the door yelling, GET OVER TO 17!!!

So, I did...

17 was driving a spare. I want to say late 90's Quantum. Amazng how these rigs have been around nearly 20 years.

17Spare.jpg

Why am I going to 17?? This is why. They cross staff the Fireboat Patriot. The former chiefs love of the Bucs carries over to the boats as well. Imagine what these rigs and boats woulda looked like if the Bucs hadn't changed colors??

Patriot1.jpg

Patriot2.jpg

Next stop the airport.

After shaking hands, a few thank you's and NUMEROUS SHAMELESS PLUGS of this website, I headed over to the airport. This is probably the first one I've been to where the rigs are not in a secured area.

And here we go..

Tampa1.jpg

Tampa2.jpg

This thing is a BEAST!!!

Tampa3.jpg

Tampa4.jpg

Tampa6.jpg

I presume this is a spare. Thanks to Captain Stokoe and the crew..

Tampa7.jpg

Back the next day for New Port Richey.

I gave the little guy, my special lady friends' son, my word I would take him out and about. So we ran down to New Port Richey and got them. Engine 1 is a 2005 ALF.

NPRE-1.jpg

Engine 2 is a brand new Velocity..I like..

NPRE-2.jpg

Ladder 1 is a 1995 Pierce Arrow 75 foot Quint. Got the little guy in the chauffers seat too..

NPRL-1.jpg

I also gave my word I would take a ton of pictures when I went to the Yankee/Oriole spring training game. And I did. Got some really good ones too. Shoulda charged the battery before I left. The camera died on me just as I was getting to Tropicana Field to watch the Mets and Rays.

So, all I got were St. Petersburg Engine 5 and Truck 1. This house is HUGE. It's called the Master Station, 2 Engines, a bus, Squad, Haz Mat, Truck, and a few other miscellaneous vehicles. It reminds me of Steadman in Baltimore. There's also a boneyard in the back. First in to Tropicana Field.

I got the shot of Engine 5 and Boom, Camera went bye bye on me..

Truck 1, 1994 Pierce Dash 100 Footer

SPTL-1.jpg

Engine 5, if anyone can fill in the blanks, please do..

SPTE-5.jpg

So we watch the Mets get beat. Yanks should watch out, Tampa's no joke. Played with some real rays in left field and fed them. Got to walk out on the field after the game, BEST THING EVER!!!

The next pictures are a little more solemn. In 1980 the Coast Guard Cutter Blackthorn, a 180 foot Iris Class C Buoy Tender was sunk in Tampa Bay after colliding with the M/V Capricorn. 23 Coasties were lost. This is the memorial to them..

102_3839.jpg

Ensign.jpg

Finally, my sick sense of humor comes out. Who really wants to live on a street like this??

Golden.jpg

Almost as funny was White Ash. I could think of a few things to stick up that.

I close my trip with a warning. Pull the car over when you're watching the Space Shuttle take off. You can't take pictures when driving. Sorry no shots of that, but it was beyond cool.

Enjoy!!

Engine 5 looks like an early Pierce Contender bet it was 1250gpm Waterouse with 1000 gallon tank. Nice shots and nice fleet.

Lesson to learn....always carry at least 1 spare battery