Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Westchester Medical Center Ambulance?

10 posts in this topic

Does Westchester Medical Center have thier own ambulance? I saw in Dutchess an Ambulance with the Maria Ferrara Symbol on it today. I didnt know if they had thier own ambulance. Thanks.

Thomas

Sounds like the baby bus, ground transport for sick kids coming down to WMC. It's a transcare bus with a medic, emt and whatever hospital personnel they need.

Edited by Goose

Thanks by the time I saw it the phone didnt come out quick enough. Thanks Again.

Thomas

Thanks by the time I saw it the phone didnt come out quick enough. Thanks Again.

Thomas

Not just NICU, all ground transports, since LifeNet took over air operations, WMC handles ground calls, adult and peds.

Yeah, that's the monster. Sexy looking truck, but I personally can't stand rescue body ambulances. But yeah, that's the ground truck. Usually has an EMT, Medic and one or two nurses. WMC might toss in some specialty care personnel from time to time if it's an unusual case.

Worth noting also is the medical center is on the grounds of the Grasslands Reservation (which includes NYMC, WCDES, Police Academy, Armory, the jails, the new consolidated homeless shelter, Ruth Taylor NH, etc) which has it's own ambulance as well (contracted out to Transcare).

Yeah, that's the monster. Sexy looking truck, but I personally can't stand rescue body ambulances. But yeah, that's the ground truck. Usually has an EMT, Medic and one or two nurses. WMC might toss in some specialty care personnel from time to time if it's an unusual case.

Worth noting also is the medical center is on the grounds of the Grasslands Reservation (which includes NYMC, WCDES, Police Academy, Armory, the jails, the new consolidated homeless shelter, Ruth Taylor NH, etc) which has it's own ambulance as well (contracted out to Transcare).

The rescue body freightliner is gone and has been replaced with 2 new Ford E450 superduty van fronts with larger "Volly" size patient area

Well that's good. IF they had talked to Somers before getting the Freightliner, they could have saved themselves a ton of money. Who owns/buys/maintains the ambulances anyway? WMC or Transcare?

Just a note. Ruth Taylor NH is no longer. Closed a while back.

Just a note. Ruth Taylor NH is no longer. Closed a while back.

Ruth Taylor: Still operating. Just on a small scale for rehab.

The two new E450's are critical care units, both unit's are staffed with an EMT,Medic and Nurse

87A1 is the reservation Emergency unit

37M2 Flycar for Mount Pleasant

All unit's Come out of Ruth Taylor and all are run by Transcare