Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
B.Gorelick 63

Chester EMT's attacked by Patient during transport

5 posts in this topic

By Doyle MurphyTimes Herald-RecordPublished: 2:00 AM - 04/24/10 GOSHEN — A 33-year-old man began an ambulance ride in the care of volunteer EMTs, and ended it restrained by police.

The Chester Volunteer Ambulance Corps was taking Jassaan Carrington of Endicott to the Arden Hill campus of Orange Regional Medical Center at about 12:25 a.m. Friday, after an unspecified incident at an On the Run gas station in Chester.

The technicians told police that Carrington turned violent, biting the finger of one medic and leaving bruises and cuts on the other. They had to pull over on the side of Route 17 near Exit 125.

Town of Goshen police said Carrington continued to fight, tearing up the interior of the ambulance and kicking out several windows.

A 911 call brought police from multiple jurisdictions.

Carrington was treated for an unidentified medical condition at the hospital, police said, and then charged with assault and criminal mischief, felonies.

dmurphy@th-record.com

Guarantee if that was the back of my bus the pt. would have to be flown to a trauma center. (Of course easy to Monday morning QB anything). Hope crew are ok.

effd3918 likes this

Hope the crew is ok...and I hope he is charged with correct section of the NY penal law for assault to a emergency worker.

Yankee..nothing wrong with your thoughts bro..I was thinking the same thing. I like my chances very much with my training and experience in that compact little space...lol.

Nothing wrong with using the minimum amount of force to gain voluntary compliance. Hope the crew is ok otherwise, stay safe.

Nothing wrong with using the minimum amount of force to gain voluntary compliance. Hope the crew is ok otherwise, stay safe.

That's right...the amount of force required is equal to the threat at hand.